cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Install Keyboard and Mouse Issue

ALBINO_B34R
Level 7
Hey Everyone, I'm new so hopefully I don't break any rules and I'm doing this right.
My build is as follows:
Asus Crosshair VI Heri (Wi-Fi Ac)
Ryzen 7 1800x
2x16 GB GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3400Mhz
Crucial MX300 M.2 1TB drive
Saphire Dual-X R9 270X (temporary for OS installation, will be upgraded to Asus Strix Geforce GTX 1080 Ti)
Ultra X-4 850W

So I'm working on my new PC build and I'm having an issue with my keyboard and mouse disabling when the windows installation dialogue launches. I have made sure that the legacy USB is enable, and that my keyboard and mouse are plugged into usb 2.0 slots on the motherboard.
I have tried both the DVD in a drive and a usb media device for Windows 7 and Windows 10 and all three of these disable my keyboard and mouse after loading the installation files. I don't think this is a motherboard issue, however this didn't happen on my last build with the same usb windows 7 media device on my old Gigabyte mb.
Does anyone know if this is a Bios issue or setting?
(Note: I flashed my Bios to the most recent version: 1701 (and technically speaking I am using the UEFI), I also know that supposedly ps/2 keyboards should work, but there is no ps/2 input and I don't have a ps/2-to-usb adapter, if that would even work)
2 REPLIES 2

ALBINO_B34R
Level 7
So I don't know if I made some mistake when flashing the bios but it was at 1602. flashed it again and check and the windows 10 installation media works. Windows 7 still doesn't seem to work so not sure what is going on.