cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which bios version are more stable. 1501 1602 or 1701

Kenvase
Level 7
I got the hero motherboard with corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 and all the bios versions since 3008 have been a dissaster. Extremly instable. I'm looking for input into which version to revert back to.
4 REPLIES 4

KEyBAD
Level 7
you can revert bios, but it seems you can not revert agesa
so before agesa update and after agesa update same version of bios may differ
or am i wrong?

1701 was last stable for me

For me, it was 1602. Everything else outside of the 9945 just didn't perform as well. 1602 required more tweaking to get it stable but the effort was worth the reward. I had 3,560MHz for my 32GB (4X8GB) PC4-3600 C15 G.Skill memory and it was rock solid stable for the couple of months I ran it for.
Syaoran

syldon
Level 9
Kenvase wrote:
I got the hero motherboard with corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 and all the bios versions since 3008 have been a dissaster. Extremly instable. I'm looking for input into which version to revert back to.

Your problem isn't the bios revision though. You have Hynix memory, which has been listed incompatible since Ryzen came out.

But having said that, 3502 or the newly released 6001 are said to be the most stable with Hynix. That doesn't mean it is guaranteed. It just gives better than previous revision.

KEyBAD wrote:
you can revert bios, but it seems you can not revert agesa
KEyBAD wrote:

so before agesa update and after agesa update same version of bios may differ
or am i wrong?

1701 was last stable for me

The agesa code is only ever written to the bios memory. Each revision is written specifically for the agesa code it was issued at that time. There is a chance the EC1 and EC2 version may not be applying correctly, and in some extreme cases you may have to remove the battery to reset the bios to defaults, before it will accept the revision correctly.

SIMONHANDLEY1
Level 7
This one: CROSSHAIR VI HERO BIOS 3008, Update to AGESA 1071 for new upcoming processors. I have had lots of problems with the new bios, weird throttling on my CPU even though it's OC at 3.8ghz?