cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is bios 7702 released to reviewers to show 6900x performance

purecain
Level 9
the 7702 is the only bios that actually allows the 3900x to boot on ch6.

non of the other bios support the 3900x and on the support page the 3900x is down as not supported on this board. WTF!!!!

I bought a 3900x based on the testing done by reviewers whom all guaranteed me that it was working on their ch6...

ive been waiting over 7days for the bios to get a public release. not happy.

if anyone has this bios reading this, could you please let me know on here and I will give you an email in pm to send it to. thanks in advance...

AMD and Asus are a combination I may never use again if I cant obtain this bios, as I feel ive been mislead. it would of been hundreds of pounds cheaper for me to of gone with intel...

how can we be treated like this after supporting amd and asus through all these dodgy bios releases week after week.

if i'm forced to buy a motherboard I will simply return both the amd chip and go with another company for my intel motherboard. hopefully there will be many that follow. this is not how you treat your best customers...
AsusCrosshairHeroVIII - 5950X
32Gb G.Skill RGB Trident 16gb3466Mhz B-Die + 16gb4266Mhz B-Die
Asus Tuf RTX3090
1TbSamsung960EVO M.2 1TbSamsung850EVO SSD Seagate2TB/3Tb CorsairForceGt 64gb
Seasonic Focus1000w 80+ Gold
Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered glass side panal
6 REPLIES 6

Weaselbandit
Level 7
I assume you mean 3900X? 😛
But yeah, totally agree with you, I've had my 3700X since the 13th and haven't managed a single POST (C6H board) I've tried so many different things and yet nothing.
The promise of backwards compatibility has absolutely NOT been met, a full 10 days after public release (Surely ASUS has had even longer) and still it's an absolute ****show.
We payed a lot of money for our boards and others with even an entry level B350 board from Gigabyte for example are more cared for than us and have working BIOSes.
Despite all the noise about the issues on these fourms ASUS just stay silent, I'm sure they won't once it starts costing them money when people refund their boards and go with another manufacturer.

purecain
Level 9
I cant believe it, the 7702 bios has been around for weeks… Asus has no excuse for keeping it from us when thats what they used when their boards were being tested. they could of given us the choice to dll it by releasing the bios as a beta... meh!

the bios which works with both of our chips is used in jayz2cents review of the 3900x.... he shows you the bios and says it needs some work but havnt they all. lets pray asus releases something soon.

too late for me, ive opted for another board. i'll be jumping ship when the next lot of chips come out from intel.
Asus Tuf RTX3090

I just re-watched Jay's video on the 3900X " AMD 3900X Overclocking explained... How to get improvements!"

It does show in the video that he is using the bios version 7702 on the X570 Corosshair Hero 8 (VIII)

BUT when you look at the download page for the CH8 boards on the ASUS web site.
it only shows a bios version of 0702 which the website says was released on 7/16/2019
and today according to my calendar... its wednesday 7/17/2019.... SO
Exactly what is this BIOS version 7702, which JAY posted his video on July 10, 2019.

OC3D did a video showing he tested the X470 CH7 board with the NEW 3000 series chips.
AND I have looked almost everywhere to find out what BIOS version he used for his testing.
I can not find that bios version info and he never mentioned any kind of mouse problem in the bios like we have had.

Just wish ASUS would OFFICIALLY come out and say... hey we are seeing these problems/issues and we are working on them,
and trying to get a fix out to you as soon as possible....
BUT....... " .........."

NightHawkSoup

purecain
Level 9
you misheard him bro, or watched a different vid. the one im quoting he uses a ch6 hero... not a ch7... otherwise i wouldn't of dropped over 500 on a cpu…

3900x performance video. listen to what he says at the beginning. you can see the bios with the name ch6 clearly on the screen. then the bios name 7702...

ive bought a crosshair viii hero and it will be my last board from Asus. After 25yrs of supporting their boards. Thats how I feel right now after spending another 400 on a motherboard.
Asus Tuf RTX3090

Maverick009
Level 9
If you look at the BIOS section of the ASUS CHVI Extreme, BIOS 7002 was pulled. BIOS 7003 replaced it, which tells me there was an error and ASUS pulled it from the public. ASUS also has since rolled out 7201 which brings more improvements and stability.

Also keep in mind the X370 boards are older, so it would make sense for ASUS, just like the other top tier OEMs to put more work in getting their new X570 flagships out and stabilized as first priority. On that note, I would say 3 BIOS updates within a month is quite reasonable and fast. ASUS also puts their boards through some extra qualification and tests if I remember right to try and ensure good quality and stability.

purecain
Level 9
the new bios 7002 stops the cpu fan and has loads of problems….
Asus Tuf RTX3090