cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will temperature reporting be fixed?

Zatarot
Level 7
Fan Xpert gets keeps spiking the fans because of the off temps. Not good for my fans nor my sanity.
26 REPLIES 26

SIMONHANDLEY1 wrote:
I don't have the X version I have 1700 and my temperature's have increased 15 degrees since the 1107 update?:confused:

Take a look at PLL voltage (extreme tweaker, end of page) and at vcore.

Bahz
Level 12
The temperature reporting are based on package temperature and not based on DTS temperature readings. You can use HWMonitor to compare the package and DTS temps and confirm if the readings are correct. If it isn't, please provide screenshot to show this.

Ta, will have a look tonight, thanks for the tip.:rolleyes:

with c6h + 1700x or 1800x, you can try this method to real temp:
Go to bios, find T offset and set it to 63(Tdie)
DON'T TRY THIS WITH OTHER CPU, JUST 1800x + 1700x

Goodmane
Level 9
63 is the default value. which causes offset.

Goodmane wrote:
63 is the default value. which causes offset.

default is 64 on my 1800x

Well I just finished my setup this week-end using this Asus C6H...:)
Here is a link to my build : https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/smallest-atx-case-cerberus-x-complete-build-log.2007/

Even if I managed to get nice & stable OC (R7 1700X @4.02Ghz, not really crasy...but Flare-X ram @3520Mhz..:)) I encountered noise issues as C6H is monitoring tTCL somehow 20°c above tj. Thus my dual Noctua 140ppc are often spinning too hard, even on idle..:(

I've read your thread, and apparently C6H has not yet fixed this issue. Do you have any idea if Asus is planning to update C6H bios in that way please?

Darth_Ender
Level 9
I wish the design team at AMD had a boss that also was an enthusiast so they would have stopped the engineers and pimp slapped the one that had the idea of faking temps to play with fan behavior.

Darth Ender wrote:
I wish the design team at AMD had a boss that also was an enthusiast so they would have stopped the engineers and pimp slapped the one that had the idea of faking temps to play with fan behavior.

It's actually a non-sense. 20c offset for what? A +100mhz xfr? a 5c offset would have been sufficient...

Decoman
Level 7
I want to know if shutdown temp limits are hardcoded, or relative to whatever temp is being reported, because I could use some more headroom for my passively cooled 1800x. So far I am treating 75 deg C as a big no no. The only temp "reading" that goes to 70 is the cpu socket temp. The Tdie is usually below 50 deg C even at stress. Which makes me very confused about what the real temps are.

Edit: I guess I can answer my own question here. According to the thread below, "Thermal shutdown is completely managed by the CPU (...)":
http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/8100_50#post_26001100