Level 8
System is:
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero MB
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
G. Skill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz (4X8)
Asus Strix RTX 3080 GPU
Asus Thor 1200W PSU

Problem is:
When I power on the computer, BIOS loads but the monitor never comes on and sometimes the white LED on the motherboard stays on (VGA).

Back story:
Once upon a time, less than 3 weeks ago, all was well and working. I decided I wanted the Asus Helios case so all I had to do was transfer everything over to the new case. I did change out the Corsair LL 120 fans on the Ryujin 360 AIO to Lian Li Unifan AL120's. I also bought a new Asus Strix Riser Cable. I got in a hurry and made a bonehead mistake and plugged the USB 2.0 cable from the Ryujin onto the wrong set of pins, and I believe it shorted out the AIO. Now my system is not happy. At first when I would start my computer, BIOS would load, error out and reload just fine and go to windows. Without a cooler on the CPU I couldn't leave my pc on for long. After troubleshooting the AIO I purchased a new Strix 360 AIO and tried again. Now sometimes the BIOS/POST would cycle thru 2 to 3 times before it hangs. Sometimes the monitor would come on showing the BIOS screen, and sometimes it would never come on. These components are all new, built in a Lian Li Lancool II December 20th and everything worked great.

Things I have tried:
I thought maybe my brand new Strix RTX 3080 went bad, so I tried my old GTX 1070 and received the same results. So thankfully I do not believe my new 3080 is bad. I bought custom CableMod Promesh cables, and thought maybe they are bad, so I tried the cables that came with the Thor PSU. Still doesn't work. I could never get the riser cable to work so I took it out of the equation. I decided maybe the PCI-e slot went bad. So I tried the 3080 in slot 2, but still no monitor and the white LED on the MB stays on (VGA). * I am thinking this MB is done, so I'm thinking of buying a new one. Any ideas or suggestions? I did a search but couldn't find any related information.

Thank you in advance.
0 REPLIES 0