Level 7
dear folks i keep getting this error when i turn ln2 mode on it will boot,
when turning off ln2 mode it will result in this error

i'm currently on the latest bios

please help me its totally freaking me out
4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Level 14
USB Devices total: 0 Drive, 3 Keyboards, 1 Mouse, 5 Hub ... maybe more ...

Too much power draw from the USB ports, largely from any USB devices plugged downstream on those hubs (at least during startup, when all the USB devices try to simultaneously enumerate their full power requirements). Unplug some USB stuff. Balance the load out across multiple USB ports on the motherboard. Maybe use powered USB hubs (as in, hubs which have their own dedicated power inputs, not hubs which leech their power from upstream USB ports/hubs). Maybe just hotplug USB devices in as/when they're actually needed - after the machine has booted - and leave them disconnected when they're unneeded.

I see a lot of HDDs as well, which suggests your machine has a heavy hardware load on the motherboard VRMs and the PSU (especially at startup, when everything spins up and bootstraps itself up to full capacity). Extra hardware is just extra strain on your motherboard's power regulation, again just unplug anything which isn't actually going to be used or needed, your hardware will run more stable and last longer if you don't keep pushing towards the limits.

I can't understand why you'd need three keyboards at the same time. But then again, many people don't understand why I use two keyboards, haha.

You could circumvent this sort of protection at the hardware level, but I don't advise it.

You shouldn't activate any "LN2" features unless you actually use exotic subzero cooling which will benefit from them. If your system can only boot up with misconfigured BIOS settings then some other (serious) fault needs to be addressed - it has excessive power draw or excessive heat or unstable overclock(s). Contrary to what some websites claim, abusing these sorts of settings is not a magical performance shortcut or quick sneaky hack ... it's a recipe for accelerated, permanent, and expensive hardware failure.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

djbeatstyling
Level 7
well i have only connected 1 keyboard logitech g910 and logitech g502 mouse 3 oculus rift sensors and the rift but the problem exist also when have only keyboard and mouse
i have watercooled the cpu EK-FB ASUS C6H RGB Monoblock

djbeatstyling wrote:
well i have only connected 1 keyboard logitech g910 and logitech g502 mouse 3 oculus rift sensors and the rift but the problem exist also when have only keyboard and mouse
i have watercooled the cpu EK-FB ASUS C6H RGB Monoblock

I think it's the vive, mine did it too but hasn't for a while.
'does the USB3 header have any thing plugged into it? (the one on the motherboard below the m.2 slot)

Ross350 wrote:
I think it's the vive, mine did it too but hasn't for a while.
'does the USB3 header have any thing plugged into it? (the one on the motherboard below the m.2 slot)

yes the front usb 3.0