cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Crosshair VIII Extreme & Corsair Dominator Plat RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3600

Bucktane
Level 7
Hi All,*

We could use some help. *Going through a build with my son. *Last build I did was circa 2003. *Components as follow:

1. Mobo - Crosshair VIII Extreme
2. CPU - Ryzen 5950X*
3. Memory - Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V AMD Optimized Memory
4. 2 sticks of Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB Gen4 PCIe
5. PSU - ROG Thor 1200 Watt PSU*
6. GPU - Merc 312 6900 XT *
7. OS - Windows 10
We are building together, liquid cooled and RGB'd out and have it all together. *Everything started up fine for the most part. *At the point where we are trying to increase the ram to 3600. *Now nothing but problems. *Bios and Windows are fully updated and *can list the current builds if helpful data point.*

We have a basic understanding of the bios and have tried DOCP, and uping the voltage to 1.35 and 1.4. *Once doing that its a series of any of the following:

1. Cant load and crashes back to bios
2. Will load into Windows but Blue Screen of Death very shortly after
3. Able to get into Windows and attempt to run prime 95 and stress test memory and occasionally will run stable but eventually BSD

All of the BSDs have noted hardware issue. *I can recreate and get the exact reference. *

We are just not completely skilled enough to trouble shoot the best approach but am hoping to learn on the way, which is part of the reason for the build. *I have seen two posts on this forum with similar issues with the Crosshair Extreme VIII and VII, but neither user documented the end conclusion. *We have also read that the corsair memory may be mislabeled? * Not clear on how to check that. *Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! *
0 REPLIES 0