cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to startup!

I__mNotZen
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm begging for help. Before I explain my issue I'm gonna tell you a little story: I bought a Ryzen 7 2700, 2x Ballistix Sports LT 3000Mhz 8GB, EVGA 750W Gold, MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC and MSI RX 570. My motherboard and other components worked just fine the first time I mounted but after a while I realized that something wasn't right and then the big issue came: boom my MOBO BGA was damaged and was refunded by MSI. That said I bought a new MSI product and grabbed a MSI B450 Tomahawk. After 2 months of usage a new tragedy: new BGA problem. It got refunded as well and then I bought a Crosshair VI Hero X370 because this time I really wanted a top tier mobo even if it is from the previous chipset.

Now the issue I'm facing right has arrived: opened my new MOBO happy as f*** and tried to plug everything right with calm. But for my surprise a issue happened: no post and also QCODE 02 with VGA white light on and a yellow/green right in the side of this. Well, so I assumed the BIOS wasn't in shape to receive my Ryzen 7 2700 since this mobo is only Ryzen 1000 ready. I got a SONY Pen Drive of 8GB and downloaded the BIOS version 7501 and performed a BIOS Flashback according a video from this forum and manual. Everything was fine the BIOS button blinked blue for about 3 minutes and stopped. I tried again to do everything and before I also cleared CMOS just in case but the exactly same issue happened: QCODE 02 with white LED light on in VGA and a yellow/green one right in the side.

As I want to be a prevented guy I just have a CORSAIR 550W Bronze then I plugged it accordingly after reset CMOS and tried again: same issue. So I gone further and replaced my Ryzen 7 2700 with my Athlon 200GE of backup: same issue. Tried to change RAM sticks positions and also tested each one individually in each slot available: same issue. Unfortunately this MOBO doesn't have HDMI connection in order to get integrated graphics from my Athlon 200GE because its a high end one and made for top tier Ryzen which doesn't have APU. That's fine for me so I asked for a friend to test my GPU... Actually I asked for 2 friends to test it properly:

- The first mate was using an i5 8400 with RTX 2060 EVGA and then test my RX 570. He said that when he plugged it his system doesn't recognized it then he tried again and was able to see it in BIOS. After starting up his system (Win 10 64) he realized that some freezes happened when he used the RX 570 powers then a update was made and all drivers downloaded. The hard tests was made with CS:GO and just froze his system. He already did the same test with other 2 games but unfortunately I doesn't remember its names now.

- The second mate have a FX-8350 and a RX 470 4GB. He tested my GPU while using Far Cry Primal and 3D FurMark. He noticed that my GPU underload went to 73º using only 40% of its fan capacity (screenshots above):

But it worked better than with the first guy. I do not know if these numbers are fine or not since I'm not an expert but I hope you can help me.

With everything I explained: there is a possibility that I'm doing something WRONG? Because I'll be very frustrated if I had to RMA my third MOBO in a period of 6 months. Actually I'm really considering quitting AMD...

Just for additional information: I'm plugging and testing my MOBO and other components above it's paperbox and anti-static plastic.

I have the videos form 3D FurMark test and here is a photo of how the issue is happening:

Additional note: I already tried to make a BIOS Flashback with other BIOS version: 6808. My monitor is an ACER ED242QR 23,6" 75hz Full HD VGA HDMI. I'm using HDMI cable and already tried with another one. I recently bought a R5 230 for 20$ just for additional test and it's about to arrive.

HELP ME PLEASE!
6 REPLIES 6

RedSector73
Level 12
I have a Crosshair VI Hero X370 running a 2700x, try bios Version 7201 2019/07/18.

The error code 02 means
AP initialization before microcode loading

In your photo notice 1 ram stick (in slot 1 - channel b) which is wrong see graphic below left. And if your using two then your using the wrong one as well, should be using 2 & 4 (from cpu), see graphic below middle.

What are you installing windows 10 onto a m2 nvme ?

RedSector73 wrote:
I have a Crosshair VI Hero X370 running a 2700x, try bios Version 7201 2019/07/18.

The error code 02 means
AP initialization before microcode loading

In your photo notice 1 ram stick (in slot 1 - channel b) which is wrong see graphic below left. And if your using two then your using the wrong one as well, should be using 2 & 4 (from cpu), see graphic below middle.

What are you installing windows 10 onto a m2 nvme ?

Hey, Red Sector! Thank you a lot for take a time and reply me. I tries to use Both sticks I have in slot 2 and 4 as well but the same issue happened. ASAP I'm gonna try the BIOS you recommended. About NVMe: no. Actually I didn't tried to use my Western Blue HD 1TB yet. A lack of HDD Could cause this issue? Because I assumed since its doesnt have a HD plugged the mobo will only show BIOS interface if working properly.

In regards to test of your RX 570 please disregard the testers. You cant plug n play into installed OS or even downloaded games from nvidia to amd. Simple reason is the they have complied shaders in the games that you have delete in each game (which forces download of correct ones), before it would work, even just an upgrade from 1080ti to 2080ti wont just work. The OS windows 10 is able to handle some changes without issue if it displayed, its working, the testing via games, unless cleared of shaders or fresh installed... proves nothing.

Lack of hhd or ssd isn't causing the issue.

RedSector73 wrote:
In regards to test of your RX 570 please disregard the testers. You cant plug n play into installed OS or even downloaded games from nvidia to amd. Simple reason is the they have complied shaders in the games that you have delete in each game (which forces download of correct ones), before it would work, even just an upgrade from 1080ti to 2080ti wont just work. The OS windows 10 is able to handle some changes without issue if it displayed, its working, the testing via games, unless cleared of shaders or fresh installed... proves nothing.

Lack of hhd or ssd isn't causing the issue.

Thank you for explaining about NVIDIA x AMD shaders. In my first post I mentioned that I also asked for a friend who have a RX 470 to test my RX 570 and he said that everything was working great unless that points I mentioned about fan mas temperature. Also I bought a R5 230 1Gb in order to make a new test in my MOBO.

Yeah cant comment on temps, maybe it's hot where you are, maybe his case has bad flow at the time, deal with that once you have working system.

Can anyone give me additional troubleshooting steps? Please, I really need help