Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting d.o.c.p while putting dram to 3600 mhz

rafaynaeem
Level 7
These are the spec of my computer
Spec:
Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus Rog Strix b550-E (Bios Version 2201 beta)
G. Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 8x2 DDR4 3600MHz F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX
MSI A850GF
I'm facing this issue on my ASUS B550-E gaming when I enable D.O.C.P and put my rams to 3600 MHz everything work fine my system boot up normally it doesn't matter how many time I restart my system it boot up normally but when I unplug my PSU and then turn on my pc it show DRAM light and don't show any display unless I clear CMOS or cold start my system.
And yes when I set to 3466 MHz every thing work fine even when I unplug my PSU and again plug it back everything work fine but still I want to use my rams to their full potential like at 3600mhz.
Does any one find the solution for this issue?
34 REPLIES 34

Next update:

Bios 2304 has not resolved the cold start issue 😞

I have noticed that the problem with the cold start (after disconnecting from the power supply for the night) occurs when the XMP profile is enabled and the USB keyboard is disconnected. I usually use a Logitech bluetooth keyboard. When I connect the keyboard with a USB cable, the computer starts up fine after disconnecting it for the night. If I disconnect the computer from the power supply for a short time (e.g. for 1 hour), even without a USB keyboard connected, the computer starts normally. When there is no USB keyboard, it shows the following q-codes (Asus B550-E gaming): 14-> 15-> C8-> C2-> 21-> F2-> F9
4 and 8 pin CPU power supply are connected (PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-550 Platinum),
Bios 2403,
RAM: Corsair / CMW16GX4M2C3600C16 ver 4.31 (Samsung B-die), from QVL

forin wrote:
Next update:

Bios 2304 has not resolved the cold start issue 😞

I have noticed that the problem with the cold start (after disconnecting from the power supply for the night) occurs when the XMP profile is enabled and the USB keyboard is disconnected. I usually use a Logitech bluetooth keyboard. When I connect the keyboard with a USB cable, the computer starts up fine after disconnecting it for the night. If I disconnect the computer from the power supply for a short time (e.g. for 1 hour), even without a USB keyboard connected, the computer starts normally. When there is no USB keyboard, it shows the following q-codes (Asus B550-E gaming): 14-> 15-> C8-> C2-> 21-> F2-> F9
4 and 8 pin CPU power supply are connected (PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-550 Platinum),
Bios 2403,
RAM: Corsair / CMW16GX4M2C3600C16 ver 4.31 (Samsung B-die), from QVL

That is not showing qcode error that normal operation cycle through then off to windows OS with qcode showing. If it stops on a qcode or resets by itself after a qcode but prior to handoff to the OS, that is a probelm.

Do you have your RAM in slots 2 & 4 from the CPU ?

RedSector73 wrote:
That is not showing qcode error that normal operation cycle through then off to windows OS with qcode showing. If it stops on a qcode or resets by itself after a qcode but prior to handoff to the OS, that is a probelm.

Do you have your RAM in slots 2 & 4 from the CPU ?

Of course, the RAM is in 2nd and 4th slot from the CPU (as in the manual: A2 and B2). When there occures a cold boot issue and compter freezed, Q-code stops at: 0d or F2/F9, if I remember correctly.
I think it's a BIOS or AMD related problem (good that there are bios updates quite often, maybe in 3-5 years the problem will be solved).
I've already given up. I leave it as it is.

The worst part is that Asus tech support doesn't want to help or explain. Compared to Corsair or Seasonic, Asus technical support is the biggest enemy of an Asus brand owner.

forin wrote:
Of course, the RAM is in 2nd and 4th slot from the CPU (as in the manual: A2 and B2). When there occures a cold boot issue and compter freezed, Q-code stops at: 0d or F2/F9, if I remember correctly.
I think it's a BIOS or AMD related problem (good that there are bios updates quite often, maybe in 3-5 years the problem will be solved).
I've already given up. I leave it as it is.

The worst part is that Asus tech support doesn't want to help or explain. Compared to Corsair or Seasonic, Asus technical support is the biggest enemy of an Asus brand owner.

I have the exact problem. I speak spanish and the support tech do the same, they dont try nothing like here, only send you to make a downgrade bios, reformat Windows and send the motherboard to the warranty... we need a Bios that solve that issue. I dont wanna touch all the voltages or that things really.

garito22 wrote:
I dont wanna touch all the voltages or that things really.

Meh, BIOS Version 3302 (off memory) was the last one the worked 4xdimm in my system in AUTO. Maybe that will help you out. OC is not 100% will work, and if you were so worried or unable to use a bios or research the required information to make it work, then why didnt you buy the supported speed (DDR3200) instead and stick 2xram which works 99% of the time with 1% being ram failure or user ?

RedSector73 wrote:
Firstly check you have both E ATX connectors for the cpu connected (top left of motherboard), as there is few reports of it causing cold boot issue when both are not connected.

I normally try manual SOC Voltage, having four sticks it often needs manual setting, try 1.05, 1.1, 1.15 and see if you can get work cold boot.

Hope you find this helpful.

I have plugged in the missing E ATXs and upon power-up the problem continued.
Regarding the voltages, I really don't know which Bios options you mean. Can you tell me through an image, please?

schm0
Level 10
You can also try to lower your ram frequency + timings.

for 3600@18-22-22-42, you can try 3200@16-20-20-40

RedSector73
Level 12
SOC Voltage

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Extreme Tweaker -> CPU SOC Voltage set to manual
-VDDSOC Voltage Override and type in the voltage. 1.05 or 1.1 or 1.15

Too low and system in windows will randomly reset in windows or fail training. 1.1v is what I use. All these values provided are within normal working limits of the SOC to my knowledge.

RedSector73 wrote:
SOC Voltage

Enter BIOS, Advanced mode.

Navigate to
Exteme Tweaker -> CPU SOC Voltage set to manual
-VDDSOC Voltage Override and type in the voltage. 1.05 or 1.1 or 1.15

Too low and system in windows will randomly reset in windows or fail training. 1.1v is what I use. All these values provided are within normal working limits of the SOC to my knowledge.

I dont see the option of "Extreme Tweaker" only have "Ai Tweaker" and -> VDDCR SOC Voltage 0.975v AUTO

RedSector73
Level 12
Must just be a minor difference between the motherboards. I'm using CH8 wifi to provide you the details. "Ai Tweaker" is the same thing.

on auto you select manual and open for you input the value.