Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting d.o.c.p while putting dram to 3600 mhz

rafaynaeem
Level 7
These are the spec of my computer
Spec:
Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus Rog Strix b550-E (Bios Version 2201 beta)
G. Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 8x2 DDR4 3600MHz F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX
MSI A850GF
I'm facing this issue on my ASUS B550-E gaming when I enable D.O.C.P and put my rams to 3600 MHz everything work fine my system boot up normally it doesn't matter how many time I restart my system it boot up normally but when I unplug my PSU and then turn on my pc it show DRAM light and don't show any display unless I clear CMOS or cold start my system.
And yes when I set to 3466 MHz every thing work fine even when I unplug my PSU and again plug it back everything work fine but still I want to use my rams to their full potential like at 3600mhz.
Does any one find the solution for this issue?
34 REPLIES 34

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Sounds like the system isn't stable enough to pass a cold boot every time. Try increasing VSOC voltage. 3600 should scale to around 1.08v automatically depending on board and UEFI revision. You can try up to 1.15v and see if this resolves the problem.

Operating system stability and POST stability are intrinsically related but not one and the same. POST stress tests are designed to test integrity in a way that looks for signals encroaching on one another. If the system was able to POST on an unsuccessful POST stress test, the system would be unstable

I have checked my ram are stable on 3600 Mhz also I have test on Memtest and there was 0 error.

I have the same problem with XMP profile - cold boot after disconnecting from electricity. If disconnected for 1-3 hours, it sometimes starts normally. If disconnected overnight - will not start and Q-codes are 0d or IF.
If XMP is disable - there is no problems with cold boot after disconnecting from electricity.
Technical support can not explain what the problem is (mayby CPUs memory controler).
MemTest - no errors AIDA - no errors. No CPU overclocking. The system is stable. I can even set DRAM to 3600Mhz 16-15-15 without any problems.

Has anyone found a cause or solution yet?

For reference my system components are as follows:
CPU: 5600x
CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II
RAM: Corsair / CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 ver 4.31 (Samsung B-die), from QVL
GPU: Asus RX470-4G-gaming
Mobo: Asus Rog Strix B550-E
BIOS: 2006
OS Disk: Corsair MP510 480MB
PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-550 Platinum

In my case the new bios 2403 (not 2604) has solved the problem. Before that only timings 19-22-22 at 3600mhz did not cause the cold boot issue.

rafaynaeem
Level 7
rafaynaeem wrote:
These are the spec of my computer
Spec:
Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus Rog Strix b550-E (Bios Version 2201 beta)
G. Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 8x2 DDR4 3600MHz F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX
MSI A850GF
I'm facing this issue on my ASUS B550-E gaming when I enable D.O.C.P and put my rams to 3600 MHz everything work fine my system boot up normally it doesn't matter how many time I restart my system it boot up normally but when I unplug my PSU and then turn on my pc it show DRAM light and don't show any display unless I clear CMOS or cold start my system.
And yes when I set to 3466 MHz every thing work fine even when I unplug my PSU and again plug it back everything work fine but still I want to use my rams to their full potential like at 3600mhz.
Does any one find the solution for this issue?

I finally found the solution but the downside is I have increase the Cas latency of my ram.
My Pc specs:
ryzen 7 5800x
asus rog strix B550-E
f4-3600C18-8GTZRX
the timing of rams were 18-22-22-42
the issue I was facing was when I unable d.o.c.p and set my rams to 3600 Mhz every thing worked fine my rams were stable but when I shutdown my pc and unplug my psu and than start my system it stuck on cold boot and show 1F error or some times show 0d error than I have to push the power button for 3 seconds so my pc shutdown than on 2nd go it bootup normally I use every method like setting dram timings manually and even use dram calculator but still facing this issue but than I just increase cas latency 18 to 20 and TRC 86 to 90 after doing this my system boot up and now I don't face cold boot issue.

rafaynaeem wrote:
I finally found the solution but the downside is I have increase the Cas latency of my ram.
My Pc specs:
ryzen 7 5800x
asus rog strix B550-E
f4-3600C18-8GTZRX
the timing of rams were 18-22-22-42
the issue I was facing was when I unable d.o.c.p and set my rams to 3600 Mhz every thing worked fine my rams were stable but when I shutdown my pc and unplug my psu and than start my system it stuck on cold boot and show 1F error or some times show 0d error than I have to push the power button for 3 seconds so my pc shutdown than on 2nd go it bootup normally I use every method like setting dram timings manually and even use dram calculator but still facing this issue but than I just increase cas latency 18 to 20 and TRC 86 to 90 after doing this my system boot up and now I don't face cold boot issue.

The memory wasn't stable enough to pass training. 0d is a training error, you can try increasing VDIMM if wanting to dial back latency
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
0d is a training error

This is fav. error at least I'm getting close when this shows up !

RedSector73 wrote:
This is fav. error at least I'm getting close when this shows up !

It's great when it shows up after a few weeks, too 😉
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

I have that trouble, but if I activate the ErP (S4 + S5) option to turn off all USB and lights, when I turn on the PC it can't boot and I need to reboot until it decides to boot. What should I do ?

CPU: RYZEN 5 5600X
VIDEO: ZOTAC RTX 3080 Trinity OC
MOTHER: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING
RAM: F4-3200C16D-32GTZR
NVME/SSD M.2: WDS100T3XHC-00SJG0 / GP-AG4500G
CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-U12S-Chromax Black
FUENTE: NZXT C850
COOLERS: DEEPCOOL ARGB x6
MONITOR: TUF GAMING VG27A (2560px1440p)
BIOS: 2003

garito22 wrote:
I have that trouble, but if I activate the ErP (S4 + S5) option to turn off all USB and lights, when I turn on the PC it can't boot and I need to reboot until it decides to boot. What should I do ?

Firstly check you have both E ATX connectors for the cpu connected (top left of motherboard), as there is few reports of it causing cold boot issue when both are not connected.

I normally try manual SOC Voltage, having four sticks it often needs manual setting, try 1.05, 1.1, 1.15 and see if you can get work cold boot.

Hope you find this helpful.