cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded Q-code 55

AndehX
Level 7
So, 5 months on, and this issue still plagues me. Is there any detailed information about what exactly this Q-code means?
I cannot cold boot my computer in the morning (after it's been off all night) without this damn q-code 55 repeating itself 20+ times. I have tried literally everything to fix it, but nothing even remotely makes a difference.

What exactly does this q-code mean? What is it referencing? What is different between turning my computer on in the morning vs restarting during the middle of the day? (besides the fact it's had time to physically warm up)

There must be a solution to this surely?
11 REPLIES 11

gupsterg
Level 13
I've had G.Skill RAM be DOA, so could well be the RAM has gone south over time/usage, as they say **** happens. Usually Q-Code 0d and Q-LED DRAM (1st one, Amber) = DRAM fault. If POST codes are flipping and Q-LED DRAM is lit I'd be inclined to think RAM is at fault again. I'd try another RAM kit.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate, could you tell me what changed prior to the sticks not working after all that time.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.