cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature Sensors failing/ Fans on Max speed problem

marblesrx7
Level 7
Just wanted to start a thread and see how many other people are having this same issue. Basically the conditions are as follows:

Just using the PC as normal and the I hear all the Case Fans Max out! If i check any monitoring software it states that the motherboard temp sensor is reading -109C. Also all other temps(CPU, CPU DIODE, CHIPSET, and VRM) stop responding to change in CPU load. A quick restart fixes the problem but it is very annoying. It happens on a daily basis. I have not figured out what is causing this.

I have seen similar posts on the forum but have yet to see a solution.Figured if we could compile everyone that is having this problem on a single thread it would help and maybe @asus has something in the works for this.
44 REPLIES 44

Hurricane28 wrote:
Your problems have nothing to do with AGESA man, its the IT sensor that is causing this, i explained this in my previous post and on my video clip i posted.

As to your other issues, i would try BIOS 1002 because it has the WMI interface that most likely solve your fan and temp problems or at least solve it temporarily.

I did try the 1001 and 1002 bios, both didn't help fixing that buggy EC on the motherboard. I am so fed up with all these bug I am getting that If new bios won't do the job then I will just ditch the c7h. Maybe its time for me to try out msi's or asrock's MB.

Hurricane28
Level 10
Yes they both use the IT sensors indeed,
I wanted to upload an image of the sensors but even this ROG forum is buggy lmao. What a mess man..

Anyway, i made an video on how to kinda solve the issue:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIotWHuz_iI

Yes we talked about Asus about this and they are working on it. They made an WMI interface which should prevent the problem from happening but the problem itself can never be resolved 100% as its the EC IT8665E that is buggy and unreliable.

Hurricane28
Level 10
I hear ya man. i no longer have fan issues but if they were still there and Asus didn't fix it with new BIOS i would return my board man.

Let Asus ROG deal with it.

I got a hell of a fright and am quite concerned at the moment, I was running the timespy benchtest and had the AiSuiteIII monitoring things on a 2nd display.

I made a coffee and came back to the PC - the CPU fans had stopped, the heatsync was hot to the touch and the system was s till running the benchtest but the temperature under AiSuiteIII for the CPU was showing -128c WTF??

I could have cooked an egg on the CPU cooler.
I truly believe that there are people on this planet who should voluntarily remove them selves from the gene pool.
Maximus IV Extreme Z/16G/2600K, Rampage V Extreme Edition 10/32G/6900K, G751JY-T7042H
Zenith Extreme Alpha/64G/2950x , X399 Prime A/32G/1900X
Power Mad Mu ha ha ha

I'm affected by this, too.

Using asus-wmi-sensors-dkms-git at least makes it possible to have a peek at the fan speeds and temperatures under linux, but if you poll too often (i.e. in ksysguard) the fans go wonky sometimes. Without the WMI safety layer (IT87), it can even easily lock up your system.

When I was a kid, I couldn't afford ASUS mainboards, and always wanted to have one.
Now I think, maybe I better should've bought one 5 years ago, when they would've fixed such issues with the blink of an eye.

Best hopes and wishes to all (I can feel your sadness, poor X470 Prime owners),

asusnogoodbios