cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Clock wrong in bios...how to change it?

Ocelot
Level 7
Hi,

the system clock of my windos 10 is always 3-4 minutes ahead. I tried to change the setting(timezone, server etc.) but nothing resolved the issue.
I checked the clock in my bios and is the same as windows so I guess the problem is in my bios. How can I change the clock or fix the problem?

latest drivers + bios are installed
7 REPLIES 7

BlackBishop
Level 8
Go into BIOS, click on dane & time (upper left corner) and change it. That's all.

Each time I boot to BIOS the time is 4 hrs ahead. if I reset Windows 10 time, it auto changes the BIOS clock, but changing the time in BIOS, auto changes Windows 10 time to 4 hrs behind.

It seems to me that the last BIOS update to address the TPM issue has hard set the BIOS to GMT that refuses to let Windows 10 maintain USA East Coast time and being DST that would be +4 hrs.

many times Nate. this one is a head scratcher for sure. somehow the BIOS as hard set itself to GMT.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Click on clock in taskbar...click date and time settings...toggle "set time automatically" to off and back to on...reboot

A man with one watch knows what time it is...a man with two watches is never quite sure...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Click on clock in taskbar...click date and time settings...toggle "set time automatically" to off and back to on...reboot

like i said i already did all that...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
What clock are you comparing to? When you set the clock in windows does it set "correctly" and then get changed 4 minutes after restart?