cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 3700X with Crosshair VI

tuaLight
Level 7
Hey guys,
I hoped that i won't have to message here, but here I am. As the title says i've ordered 3700X and currently have Crooshair VI Hero with 1600X on it. What the issue is - the new CPU is sadly not running on my motherboard. The rest of the system is - 16GB DDR4 Team Force Delta @3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080, SuperFlower 850 Watts gold, NVMe SSD and couple of hard drives.
What the issue is - once i put 3700X in the socket, every fan, including the GPU fans go to 100%. On the motherboard none of the four lights lit up (dram,cpu,gpu,boot). On the Q-code it is 07 error. I've read a little, saw that people are suggesting BIOS reset and then start the machine with the Start button on the mobo - no improvement at all. What else i did - downloaded 7003, 7106 and 7201. Used all 3 files from USB flash right in the mobo, no change. I did try with one stick (both) in every slot, no change at all. I am out of ideas or resolutions - i removed all the hardware and fans from the mobo, just the gpu, cpu and one stick of ram, it didn't change the situation. The CPU is working on another board.
41 REPLIES 41

tuaLight wrote:
Where i can check the revision of the mobo? It's not an issue with the RAM or the CPU - both are running perfectly fine on different mobos - tried Aorus X470, B450-HDV and two more, which i don't remember - the CPU is booting with my ram.

P.S. My motherboard is Hero, not Extreme.

Revision Its printed on the pcb, under the first pcie x16 slot. my question on extreme was for roco 🙂

arcanexvi
Level 9
I'll throw my info here as well as the other thread. C6H Rev 1.03 - Code 07 on boot with 3900x installed. Will not POST.

I'll check it later today with the new BIOS and see if there will be an improvement. Thx for the links!

Sadly it is the same result, tried with different RAM, no luck...

Its a bios issue and doesnt happen with all board. a new version to fix it will be release

Nikon985 wrote:
Its a bios issue and doesnt happen with all board. a new version to fix it will be release

Boy I sure hope so. I really thought 1.0.0.3AB was gonna get it fixed now it turns out that it's not just motherboard model specific but also revision specific within the same model. 😞
Get rev 1.03 fixed please ASUS!

tuaLight wrote:
Sadly it is the same result, tried with different RAM, no luck...

Same here, I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one. :'(

Mine rev isnt 1.03, so i'm not quite sure if it is a rev issue or just BIOS. 81160. Most likely i'll sell this mobo and buy an ASRock one, can't really rely on different BIOS, just to see which one will work. One month will pass and still have issues, pretty disappointed.

Can't see the Rev number in that photo. 😛