cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 3700X with Crosshair VI

tuaLight
Level 7
Hey guys,
I hoped that i won't have to message here, but here I am. As the title says i've ordered 3700X and currently have Crooshair VI Hero with 1600X on it. What the issue is - the new CPU is sadly not running on my motherboard. The rest of the system is - 16GB DDR4 Team Force Delta @3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080, SuperFlower 850 Watts gold, NVMe SSD and couple of hard drives.
What the issue is - once i put 3700X in the socket, every fan, including the GPU fans go to 100%. On the motherboard none of the four lights lit up (dram,cpu,gpu,boot). On the Q-code it is 07 error. I've read a little, saw that people are suggesting BIOS reset and then start the machine with the Start button on the mobo - no improvement at all. What else i did - downloaded 7003, 7106 and 7201. Used all 3 files from USB flash right in the mobo, no change. I did try with one stick (both) in every slot, no change at all. I am out of ideas or resolutions - i removed all the hardware and fans from the mobo, just the gpu, cpu and one stick of ram, it didn't change the situation. The CPU is working on another board.
41 REPLIES 41

tuaLight wrote:
Same ram and PSU, yeah. The motherboard was some AORUS X470. Had to flash it as well, but it booted properly after F41 or something like that. It seems like we will have to wait here for a decent BIOS update.

Sorry i read it just now. that's strange cause your cpu is listed as supported since v7002 and some users says that is working on c6h.

iwalkwithed3ad wrote:
Purchased 3700X, updated Drivers, Chipset and BIOS to 7106, booted up with a few cycles and everything seemed to work great..

The issue here is that it does not want to boot. I tried with 7106 as well. Dunno what's going on and it's kinda sad, but i'll wait a bit and if ASUS don't provide a solution i'll probably sell this mobo and buy a different one.

yeah i know, you are not the only one with these bug. its not a c6h issue but happen with some board only, can be related to revision maybe. which revision do you have?

Make sure you pull the CMOS battery completely out for a few minutes. I hit the "RESET CMOS" button dozens of times when trying to get my 3900x to boot, but finally pulling out the battery (its located under the GPU :() fixed it for me.

Also set the VRAM boot voltage to 1.35 or whatever your ram should run at.

OhBlev wrote:
Is there an reason to even change the BIOS?

I mean, other than my inability to overclock, everything runs fine. Granted, I'm hardheaded and didn't read up on any forums to figure out the following:

1) Flashback to original BIOS
2) Clear CMOS
3) Update Windows 10 to current release
4) THEN..... change the processor

Also, what are you able to benchmark your CPU Mark up to point wise? The highest CPU mark I've been able to hit is 21,651 (Passmark ranks the 3600x at 20,686)

So you are saying that a Windows Update is the problem? I doubt highly, simply cause it can't even boot to CPU, DRAM or something else. Flashback to original BIOS is an option, but i'm not sure if this will help at all.

have you tried the cpu on another board with the same RAM and PSU?

xeizo wrote:
AFAIK: It is important to use Bios Flashback rather than a normal Flash, or the old bios won't be properly erased.

that would even more be a bad joke.

what is up with ASUS lately?
is ASUS outsourcing work to 12 year old kids?!

roco_smith
Level 7
tuaLight wrote:
Hey guys,
I hoped that i won't have to message here, but here I am. As the title says i've ordered 3700X and currently have Crooshair VI Hero with 1600X on it. What the issue is - the new CPU is sadly not running on my motherboard. The rest of the system is - 16GB DDR4 Team Force Delta @3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080, SuperFlower 850 Watts gold, NVMe SSD and couple of hard drives.
What the issue is - once i put 3700X in the socket, every fan, including the GPU fans go to 100%. On the motherboard none of the four lights lit up (dram,cpu,gpu,boot). On the Q-code it is 07 error. I've read a little, saw that people are suggesting BIOS reset and then start the machine with the Start button on the mobo - no improvement at all. What else i did - downloaded 7003, 7106 and 7201. Used all 3 files from USB flash right in the mobo, no change. I did try with one stick (both) in every slot, no change at all. I am out of ideas or resolutions - i removed all the hardware and fans from the mobo, just the gpu, cpu and one stick of ram, it didn't change the situation. The CPU is working on another board.

Sorry that you have a bad experience , I have Asus Crosshair VI Extreme working fine without any issues with the 1800X , I put the latest bios via flashback , rename the file with the renamer tool that is inside the file . Just exchange the cpu with 3700x , and populate all 4 memory slots with Crucial Ballixtic Memory Kit 4x 8GB at 3200mhz , press power and took less than one minute to enter to Bios, just change some setting on Bios to drop the cpu temps and ryze the memory frecuency at 3600MHZ . got good temps HW show at full load about 4.2 to 4.3ghz and CINEBENCH R20 a score of 4890 points. Are you try booting with a different memory Kit?

Seems to be related with mobo revision...which VI Extreme revision do you have?

Where i can check the revision of the mobo? It's not an issue with the RAM or the CPU - both are running perfectly fine on different mobos - tried Aorus X470, B450-HDV and two more, which i don't remember - the CPU is booting with my ram.

P.S. My motherboard is Hero, not Extreme.