cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 3700X with Crosshair VI

tuaLight
Level 7
Hey guys,
I hoped that i won't have to message here, but here I am. As the title says i've ordered 3700X and currently have Crooshair VI Hero with 1600X on it. What the issue is - the new CPU is sadly not running on my motherboard. The rest of the system is - 16GB DDR4 Team Force Delta @3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080, SuperFlower 850 Watts gold, NVMe SSD and couple of hard drives.
What the issue is - once i put 3700X in the socket, every fan, including the GPU fans go to 100%. On the motherboard none of the four lights lit up (dram,cpu,gpu,boot). On the Q-code it is 07 error. I've read a little, saw that people are suggesting BIOS reset and then start the machine with the Start button on the mobo - no improvement at all. What else i did - downloaded 7003, 7106 and 7201. Used all 3 files from USB flash right in the mobo, no change. I did try with one stick (both) in every slot, no change at all. I am out of ideas or resolutions - i removed all the hardware and fans from the mobo, just the gpu, cpu and one stick of ram, it didn't change the situation. The CPU is working on another board.
462 Views
41 REPLIES 41

I thought it's that small thingy there. Apologies, will take another photo tomorrow!

I just saw, indeed is 1.03.

Shamino
Moderator
tuaLight wrote:
Hey guys,
I hoped that i won't have to message here, but here I am. As the title says i've ordered 3700X and currently have Crooshair VI Hero with 1600X on it. What the issue is - the new CPU is sadly not running on my motherboard. The rest of the system is - 16GB DDR4 Team Force Delta @3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080, SuperFlower 850 Watts gold, NVMe SSD and couple of hard drives.
What the issue is - once i put 3700X in the socket, every fan, including the GPU fans go to 100%. On the motherboard none of the four lights lit up (dram,cpu,gpu,boot). On the Q-code it is 07 error. I've read a little, saw that people are suggesting BIOS reset and then start the machine with the Start button on the mobo - no improvement at all. What else i did - downloaded 7003, 7106 and 7201. Used all 3 files from USB flash right in the mobo, no change. I did try with one stick (both) in every slot, no change at all. I am out of ideas or resolutions - i removed all the hardware and fans from the mobo, just the gpu, cpu and one stick of ram, it didn't change the situation. The CPU is working on another board.


can check this thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112279-X370-X470-AGESA-1003AB-Bioses/page8#post778490

Well, I believe I have a bit similar issue with my motherboard (also Crosshair VI). In most cases it can't boot correctly and stops/hangs with code 8. Sometimes it's able to go a bit further and proceed some booting operations; however finally it ends with code 0d, 04 or FC anyway. After trying different version of BIOSes, I figured out that those ones with AGESA 1003AB can help a bit (at least it can start from time to time - let's say it can reach 10% of successfully finished booting routines) but I'm still struggling to get it stable.

My Crosshair VI is rev 1.0.0. with 32GB of G.Skill 3200 RAM on the board. Never had this kind of issues before (it cooperated with AMD 1700x). After switch to 3700x it fails constantly 😞

Any tips or suggestions? Or I just need to wait until there is kind of more stable release of BIOS?

uniwersum wrote:
Well, I believe I have a bit similar issue with my motherboard (also Crosshair VI). In most cases it can't boot correctly and stops/hangs with code 8. Sometimes it's able to go a bit further and proceed some booting operations; however finally it ends with code 0d, 04 or FC anyway. After trying different version of BIOSes, I figured out that those ones with AGESA 1003AB can help a bit (at least it can start from time to time - let's say it can reach 10% of successfully finished booting routines) but I'm still struggling to get it stable.

My Crosshair VI is rev 1.0.0. with 32GB of G.Skill 3200 RAM on the board. Never had this kind of issues before (it cooperated with AMD 1700x). After switch to 3700x it fails constantly 😞

Any tips or suggestions? Or I just need to wait until there is kind of more stable release of BIOS?


Have you tried the test bios v0001?

Nikon985 wrote:
Have you tried the test bios v0001?


Yeah, I'm using it at the moment. Unfortunately it has the same problems (it can start successfully only from time to time). When, by chance, it succeded to boot correctly, it's rock solid... until my machine is turned off or restarted (then i need to spend another 15 minutes to get it working again).

I rented some B450 mobo, which actually runs 3700X. Sadly, once i increase the DRAM MHz's, the PC goes crazy, so i am not really sure even if we get a "running" BIOS update, we will have a stable system for OC and stuff. Most likely i'll jump on X570, but ill give it a try with the new BIOS. It's just that i'm not really sure if it's worth it to jump on X570 at the moment as well, so kinda stuck in between...

roco_smith
Level 7
I dont understand why some people have issues and other not at all. In my case just drop the 3700X on my Crosshair VI Extreme and everything is good as it should be

Awesome, this BIOS is working, finally able to put it in my PC. Now, wonder about temperatures - what you guys are using as a cooler and what's the temperature when you use Prime95 for 5 minutes?

roco_smith wrote:
I dont understand why some people have issues and other not at all. In my case just drop the 3700X on my Crosshair VI Extreme and everything is good as it should be


I guess that many factors can affect it. Revision of your motherboard, your hardware config like RAM parameters, different peripherals etc. For me it also works OK...after it's booted properly (sometimes it takes only a few tries to achieve this point, sometimes I need to spend a few minutes on my knees pressing constantly the RESET button on the board).