cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix X370-F M.2 slot and Wifi Pci-e conflict

Filters
Level 9
Hi all im experiencing this problem from a bit now, im on the latest bios 5220 whit a 3600X installed,
so basicly i have a Crucial MX300 ssd into M.2 slot and a wifi pci card in pcie 1-3 slot the last one small
The problem is in windows 10 installation if i try to use internet bandwith and at the same time using the m.2 disk the speed got reduced till stop working a some time also disappear from windows ...
I already tried moving the wifi card in other slot also the pcie 3-2 ( the second one that share band whit the one whit the graphic card ) verified my gtx 1070 swich at 8x instead of 16 but still the problem if i try to do something whit the ssd ! Can be a speed test whit as ssd benchmark or moving a big file tru the disk
If i remove the wifi card no problem whit the ssd.

I already tried to format in do a fresh windows 10 install latest version, reflash and bios, downgrade to another bios, clean the m.2 slot many times ...
The wifi card is an asus pcie ac68
Also updated ssd to latest firmware formatted and cecked integrity
Forgot to say wifi work properly never disconnect even if the m.2 disappear and during the test

Any idea ?

Thx in advance
1 REPLY 1

RedSector73
Level 12
You could get HWinfo https://www.hwinfo.com/download/
Use hwinfo check and see if you have setup the M2 device correctly. On the summary page, (bottom right) Operating System: UEFI Boot (in green) and Secure boot (in green) anything else and the setup for the M2 isn't strictly optimal.

Here is the procedure for install of windows on nvme drive.

1 - Make sure you unplug all SATA and USB drives, the M.2 drive has to be the only drive installed.
2 - Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.
3 - Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, Not windows UEFI.
4 - Click on key management and clear secure boot keys.
5 - Insert a USB memory stick with a UEFI bootable iso of Windows 10 on it.
7 - Windows will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in.
8 - When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.
9 - Click on secure boot again but now set it to WIndows UEFI mode.
10 - Click on key management and install default secure boot keys
11 - Press F10 to save and exit and windows will finish the install.

Once you have Windows up and running, shutdown the PC and reconnect your other SATA drives. Typically you don't put anything on SATA port 1 as this is now reserved for the NVME drive and *may cause a conflict (*so don't use it unless you have no choice).

Hope you find this of help 😉