cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix B550-f WIFI USB port issues with Apple

Mouser
Level 7
Been debugging an odd issue with the front USB header ports, in a Lian Li Lancool Mesh case (with the performance non-fan USB header module, dual USB A 3.0, no USB-C port installed).

- Have a new Apple Air 5 iPad that when I first plugged into the front ports would show up as a MTP Android device in Device Manager->Portable Devices, despite the Apple driver being triggered in Device Manager->USB Devices. Subsequently iTunes wouldn't recognize the device.
- After various attempts to replace/repair drivers with no success I plugged the Air 5 into a rear USB port, where it was properly recognized in Device Manager and everything working, including iTunes.
- Now when I plug the Air into the front USB A it is properly recognized by Device Manager as a Ipad, but not seen by iTunes.
- Same thing happens when I use the rear USB C port, recognized by Device Manager, but not iTunes.

Notes:
- The Air 5 has a USB C connector, so using a A to C cable when connecting to a A port on the computer. C to C on the rear USB C.
- I have a iPhone SE with Apple Lighting connector that works fine on all A ports, including the front USB A ports using a A to Lighting cable.

Not sure whether this is:
- A USB driver issue
- A Lian Li USB module issue connected to the front USB header, though the rear USB C exhibiting the same behavior makes me doubt that
- A Windows issue
- A iTunes or Apple driver issue

As the Air 5 is a newly released device, going to wait for the next round of Apple IOS/itunes updates before doing any further troubleshooting.
0 REPLIES 0