Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange FPS drop Probleme.

AlexiLaih0
Level 7
Hey guys,

I've got a strange FPS drop problem.

Sometimes I play games like BF1, Witcher 3... the fps will drop significantly for less than a second..
I can fix the problem by booting into the bios (uefi) and just exit without saving.

My Rig:
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
16 gigs of Trident Z RGB Memory @ 3200mhz (and actually they really run on 3200 😛 ).
GTX 1070

Yeah of course the CH6 😄

https://valid.x86.fr/0v244v - Link for more details.
All drivers are installed and as far as I know the newest ones. Despite from the drops it is always easily above 60fps...
Then the drops happen there are no spikes either. So that I could think of some background process is making trouble. (And that would be really strange couse reboot to Bios, exit without save and boot windows again solves it always :confused:).

I'm on Beta Bios 9945.

And only adjustments I did was turn off this AI Overclock thing (that on that boosts the vcore...)

Setted my Ram timings, choosen 3200mhz setted dram vcore to 1.35 and the vcore startup one to 1.35 too.
Undervolted the 1800x a bit by offset (already tried without that dont solves the fps drop problem.)

Does anyone has experienced an similiar problem? Does someone may know how to permantly fix it ?

Best regards and sorry for my just ok english 😃
Alexi
11 REPLIES 11

ealterry wrote:
Hi AlexiLaih0,

I used a same setup as yours. If you do not mind, can you share with me on the OC setup? I am not that good in OC things but would like to gain a knowledge on it. Hope I can learn it from your setting to begin with.

Cheers

No problem, here you go:

The Voltage Offset for the Vcore is a negative one, so maybe you need to reduce it!
For the DRAM Timings you maybe should concentrate on the upper primary ones first, I just setted all to reduce training time 😉

i Used P-State overclocking just set the Hex value 9C for 3900MHZ --> p-state oc cause it doesnt deactivate the enegry saving stepping and so on.

For me that is the sweet spot out of performacne, voltage and heat. Bios shows 51C, Ryzen Master 25C. I use a Kraken x62 as CPU cooler.

I hope it helps you, cheers.

AlexiLaih0 wrote:
No problem, here you go:

The Voltage Offset for the Vcore is a negative one, so maybe you need to reduce it!
For the DRAM Timings you maybe should concentrate on the upper primary ones first, I just setted all to reduce training time 😉

i Used P-State overclocking just set the Hex value 9C for 3900MHZ --> p-state oc cause it doesnt deactivate the enegry saving stepping and so on.

For me that is the sweet spot out of performacne, voltage and heat. Bios shows 51C, Ryzen Master 25C. I use a Kraken x62 as CPU cooler.

I hope it helps you, cheers.

Thank you for your sharing. Very happy that you can helps. Will try it out...