cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting random reboots/Event 41's with 3202...

78Staff
Level 7
Not sure what the answer is... GSkill 3600 C16 4x16, running DCOP, otherwise pretty much auto everything, DF Cstates Disabled. Voltage adjustments needed maybe? Doesn't happen often, but when it does it seem to always be the wrong time. Twice in past 2 weeks or so.

Not running a 5000 series cpu yet, still on a 3900X, but planning to upgrade once availability clears up so have been running the newer bios. Is the answer just to go back to 2206? Or 1302?

First time was while suspended/afterhours, recent time I was actually on the PC, and noticed my USB mouse/keyboard stopped working, and a few seconds later the PC rebooted. I want to say I recall something about USB and PCIE 4 issues maybe? I am running PCIE4 Video card and two PCIE4 NV Me's. Or could have been coincidence.
13 REPLIES 13

Just noting that 3204 has so far been completely issue free, and I have 4 sticks using DOCP ( and I don't think they're on the approved list at the moment either ) and otherwise pretty much out of the box right now. I had enough issues - including the ones this thread was opened about - with previous BIOS to stick at 2206 for regular use since it appeared.

It did not solve my problems with USB freezing & my soundbox losing sync, but that is an entirely seperate issue & I'm pretty sure actually the GPU...

78Staff wrote:
No infinity fabric overclock, just strait up DCOP. My 4x8's run fine also, but they are single rank, while the 4x16's are dual rank. I've put the RipJaws 4x8 SR's back in and have been running latest bios at DCOP settings with no issue so far since yesterday. TBH, I don't noticed a downgrade in performance (other than less total memory of course) for my uses swapping from 3600 C16's down to 3200 C14's, in real world use at least. I'm going to stick with these, and if I ever get ahold of a 59xx I will revisit memory again.

Enabling DOCP will scale the FCLK automatically.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Jackalito
Level 8
78Staff wrote:
Not sure what the answer is... GSkill 3600 C16 4x16, running DCOP, otherwise pretty much auto everything, DF Cstates Disabled. Voltage adjustments needed maybe? Doesn't happen often, but when it does it seem to always be the wrong time. Twice in past 2 weeks or so.

Not running a 5000 series cpu yet, still on a 3900X, but planning to upgrade once availability clears up so have been running the newer bios. Is the answer just to go back to 2206? Or 1302?

First time was while suspended/afterhours, recent time I was actually on the PC, and noticed my USB mouse/keyboard stopped working, and a few seconds later the PC rebooted. I want to say I recall something about USB and PCIE 4 issues maybe? I am running PCIE4 Video card and two PCIE4 NV Me's. Or could have been coincidence.

If you use HWiNFO to monitor your system, try and update to the latest official beta, as I discovered there was an issue with the lastest versions and its sensors to monitor RDNA/2 GPUs. You can find more information in this thread: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/is-hwinfo-causing-the-dreaded-whea-logger-event-id-xx-cache-hie...

Hope this helps! Good luck 😉
In space no one can hear you scream.

mdzcpa
Level 12
Also reporting here that my infrequent but disruptive random low load reboots have gone away with 3204.