Noctua NH-U12A
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 Go (2 x 16 Go) DDR4 3600 CL18 - CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 FE
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus M.2 PCIe NVMe 1 To
Corsair SF Series SF750
Lian Li TU150X
Dell 32" - S3220DGF

I have a problem running my RAM at 3600 on my motherboard with the DOCP profile.
If everything is by default in bios and I activate the profile, I have Whea-logger event id 19 and randomly a black screen / restart of the motherboard @ idle

BIOS Version : 1401

At 3200 with tight timings, no problem.

From my researches, I see a lot of problems here, on reddit, or on other forums with the ram at 3600 and the XMP profiles?

My ram above is not in the certification list of the motherboard, is this a problem ?

From what I see here and on other forums (reddit), there are a lot of problems with XMP profiles from 3600, is there a problem on the B550 / X570 about this ? The manufacturers are working on the subject ?
23 REPLIES 23

hi, all,
I just purchased this motherboard this week with 3900x
The memory I got is : G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC 2x 16GB 3600 3600 DS SK Hynix 16-19-19-39

the memory is approved to use by Asus and Gskill.

however, once DOCP is enabled or I manually set memory frequency and voltage, the system, in most of times, can boot into windows but will shut down randomly without me touching keyboard or mouse....for now, i can go 3200Mhz and 16-17-17-17-35, stable, no issue

I am a newbie, thinking just enable DOCP/XMP and forget about it, but looks like I am having trouble..

Bios is 1802 latest beta

thank you

ivy037 wrote:
hi, all,
I just purchased this motherboard this week with 3900x
The memory I got is : G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC 2x 16GB 3600 3600 DS SK Hynix 16-19-19-39

the memory is approved to use by Asus and Gskill.

however, once DOCP is enabled or I manually set memory frequency and voltage, the system, in most of times, can boot into windows but will shut down randomly without me touching keyboard or mouse....for now, i can go 3200Mhz and 16-17-17-17-35, stable, no issue

I am a newbie, thinking just enable DOCP/XMP and forget about it, but looks like I am having trouble..

Bios is 1802 latest beta

thank you

I hope you realise that in reality you are not using the latest BIOS. In fact many have come out since that solve the issue (at least for me), so I am not sure why you thought that was the latest. At the moment with all the issues related to the 5000 series chips and BIOS related problems, Asus and most other motherboard manufacturers seem to be releasing tweaked versions on an almost daily basis.

I have exactly the same configuration and the issue seems to have been largely solved from BIOS version 3001 onwards. The BIOS versions before were dreadful for both 3000 and 5000 series processors. We are now up to 3402 for the X570 I-Gaming. I strongly suggest you upgrade to that as it will solve your DOCP issues as well as FCLK.

https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-i-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios/

For me, I am able to run at stock DOCP/XMP, and I also have the FCLK set to 1800. Whilst I could go higher, 1:1 is pretty optimal and the extra benefits outweigh the stability risks.

Daylight_Invader wrote:
I hope you realise that in reality you are not using the latest BIOS. In fact many have come out since that solve the issue (at least for me), so I am not sure why you thought that was the latest. At the moment with all the issues related to the 5000 series chips and BIOS related problems, Asus and most other motherboard manufacturers seem to be releasing tweaked versions on an almost daily basis.

I have exactly the same configuration and the issue seems to have been largely solved from BIOS version 3001 onwards. The BIOS versions before were dreadful for both 3000 and 5000 series processors. We are now up to 3402 for the X570 I-Gaming. I strongly suggest you upgrade to that as it will solve your DOCP issues as well as FCLK.

https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-i-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios/

For me, I am able to run at stock DOCP/XMP, and I also have the FCLK set to 1800. Whilst I could go higher, 1:1 is pretty optimal and the extra benefits outweigh the stability risks.

Jesus christ, how many threads do you have to spam that incorrect message. The latest B550 BIOS has a different revision number than X570 motherboards. How hard is that to comprehend?

Daylight_Invader wrote:

You're funny, man. You're trying to explain and justify a stability problem that you don't even understand.

Please stop talking nonsense. I tried the last two versions 1602 and 1801 (please don't confuse with the X570 version) with all the default settings and just the docp profile enabled and the problem is still there. WHEA errors ... etc.

Version 1801 is based on AGESA 1.2.0.0 ?

Tounet wrote:
Version 1801 is based on AGESA 1.2.0.0 ?

Had any luck fixing the issue?

Tounet wrote:
Hello,

You have a B550-I and your ram kit works well @ 3600 and 3800 (sync 1:1 with FSB ?) ? Could you post model number of you ram ?

Sure thing

This is the kit I got (the 32gb 3600mhz version). I got Micron E-die chips on it but some people said they got something else so it can be random I guess.

XPG SPECTRIX D50 RGB 32 Go (2 x 16 Go) 3600MHz DDR4 PC4-28800 U-DIMM 288-broches CL18-20-20 Mémoire de jeu Gris - AX4U3600316G18A-DT50
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B088CR67YZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use those settings : https://ibb.co/wCgcFKB

Hey there, i can finally post in forums.

I have the same mobo and problem as you with the G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 3600MHZ TRIDENT Z NEO DUAL KIT

at 3600 the system is not stable..im running at 3200 2 weeks+ now and all good..havent tested the beta 1.2.0.0 bios..waiting for the stable update.

You had any luck running at 3600?

I hope an ASUS Rep see this and tell us whats up with this...

ERDNUSS wrote:
same problem here with my Patriot 3600 Kit (PVB432G360C8K) it even was on the QVL list for Ryzen 5000:
https://abload.de/img/qvl6gk1p.png

Because Asus removed the List i gues they are aware of the problem. But some official statement would be nice so i would know if i should return the board or not...

Like in the other thread.. How are you overclocking? Using DOCP profile? Also overclocking CPU? Did you play with timings and voltage?

schm0
Level 10
Download Thaiphoon Burner.
Click on Read, then on Report, scroll down to XMP Parameters.
Note down the values somewhere.
Go into BIOS and check if all values are correctly applied.

On my BIOS and MB (B550-E) they are not. (tFAW, tRC, tRRD_S , tRRD_L).
Somehow D.O.C.P doesn't correctly apply those settings and chooses some lower/higher ones.