cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen 9 3900x Asus Strix X570-E 4.3Ghz All core

Athalayogi
Level 7
finally I finished building a gaming PC with Ryzen 9 3900x. 😄
after previously I was in doubt with the Asus Strix x570-e seeing many problems in several forums.
because i need many sata ports and i have to choose x570 from asus. but in the end I am happy with the Asus Strix X570-E. :cool:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
and now I need advice. I run 3900x with the default but idle temperatures above 60c and load above 90c.
now I try with OC to 4.3Ghz with vcore 1,200V (LLC Lvl 3) Soc 1,081V (LLC Lvl 3) gskill f4-3600c16d-32gtzn at xmp 3600cl16 and run stable cinebench, realbench, forza horizon 4.

at night idle temp 40-46c load max 73c, game forza avg temp 45-49c.at morning idle 35-39c. i think ryzen 9 3900x very sensitive to room temperature.
Is it safe with settings like this?
17 REPLIES 17

caveo
Level 7

this is where im at now. will update next week

hi everyone,
I have the same MB / CPU configuration and I also have the problem of high and out of control temperatures. I ask you if you can give me some advice on the settings to be changed on the bios of the MB and on the values to be entered. the system is used for fluid dynamics calculations so it must be used to the maximum, at the moment we are forced to use it at 30%
Please it will be very appreciated

Michele

marzipane wrote:
hi everyone,
I have the same MB / CPU configuration and I also have the problem of high and out of control temperatures. I ask you if you can give me some advice on the settings to be changed on the bios of the MB and on the values to be entered. the system is used for fluid dynamics calculations so it must be used to the maximum, at the moment we are forced to use it at 30%
Please it will be very appreciated

Michele

What cooler are you using?

Average 3900X at 1.3v will do 4.2 or 4.3 GHZ all core stable...some better CPUs do 4350MHz at 1.32v....but you need to cool AMD CPUs to get the best out of them...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

Average 3900X at 1.3v will do 4.2 or 4.3 GHZ all core stable...some better CPUs do 4350MHz at 1.32v....but you need to cool AMD CPUs to get the best out of them...

Hi, and thank you very much for your interesting.
after a phon call with asus support in italy i have changed the Vcc seetting to 1.30v and give a try...
at the beginning the first choice as cooling system was a cooler master ml240p mirage but with the high voltage (1.4x) we get very high temp.
now we are using the stock fan with the cpu probably non enough too. we should switch back to coolmaster probably.
whit 1.3 we get 4.0GHz as peak but still temperature around 75/80° too much i think.

could be a good solution in your opinion get back on board the coolmaster? with the 1.3v as settings?

thanks again for any your consideration
Michele

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

How are people CPU that bad? I have Ryzen 9 3900 non-X. Have it OC'd to 4.3Ghz all core at 1.175V. Stable, can run small-FET Prime95 24/7 with 71-72 degrees C at 26 degrees ambient (I don't have an AC). It can do 4.4Ghz at 1.225V and 4.5Ghz at 1.35V, but those are a bit too hot for me even with 360 AIO, since I don't have AC at home.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, I think the cooler master will be better than the stock fan.

Try to optimise airflow through the case...maybe consider push/pull on the AIO cooler.

AMD does run hot so 75/80 is not too hot in my opinion...but, of course, the lower the better...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yes, I think the cooler master will be better than the stock fan.

Try to optimise airflow through the case...maybe consider push/pull on the AIO cooler.

AMD does run hot so 75/80 is not too hot in my opinion...but, of course, the lower the better...

Hi and i'm in debit with you!
yesterday finally i got a good result!
i swapped to the liquid cooler and also with the value of 1.3v i got very good results
in idle the temp now is around 40°C and with full load is 75° with peak of 80°C an a clock of 4.1GHz.
we install also an additional fan that push inside the case fresh air . we don't realize the push/pull config because we don't have 2 more fans.

in any case i'm really satisfied of the actual value and we can push it to the max!
thanks again
Michele

marzipane wrote:
finally i got a good result!

OK, good to hear!...airflow certainly helps a lot!

For 4.1GHz you might find you can lower from 1.3v...try 1.2...a bit of experimentation and you might find temps fall quite a bit...

Derpcrawler wrote:
How are people CPU that bad?

LOL...the silicon lottery is real....good to see someone won 🙂