cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen 7 1700x CPU Temps & Speeds w/ Crosshair VI Hero (Wi-Fi AC)

jqpdev
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I'm working on finishing up my new Ryzen 1700x build and was wondering what CPU temps and speeds (low, medium, and highest) you guys were able to achieve? I'm using an AiO watercool solution. Right now I'm at 3700 Ghz. My temps in BIOS, with the case covers off, in open air with AiO going, is between 30C to 42C with room temperature between 71F and 74F. I'm downloading the BETA Ai Suite 3 to install on Windows 10.

Update:
I'm using BIOS version 1701.
12 REPLIES 12

jqpdev wrote:
You are correct in that my OC ideas are optimistic. A LN2 setup would be a fun experiment and teaching tool for some young elementary/middle/high school students (mostly to wet their palette for knowledge and inspire them) but not realistic for a PC for day to day use... and Lightknightrr, I'll take a few of those 16GB sticks.

I actually saw someone who had made somesort of LN2/extreme cooling designed for everyday use. Not sure ill be able to find it though, as it was 10ish years ago.

Hmmm, I'd not want to give LN2 to anyone younger than highschool students. I LN2 cooled my laptop with some in a physics lab this year though (dipped a pen into the thermos and poured it into the vent - didn't do much.)

Also, most of the people I went to school with didn't give the furry crack of a rats behind about anything other than gaming on their PCs.

jqpdev
Level 7
Ok I pulled down AIDA64 and RealBench. I followed along in OC Walk through video.
CPU = 4Ghz
RAM = 2400 Mhz
CPU voltage offset = 0.02500
LLC = Level 1

I selected the 15 min. duration in Real Bench Stress test, using the full 16GB of memory, and started it up. In AIDA64 the core voltage peaked at 1.353 and fluctuated between the peak and 1.3330. I used Ai Suite to get temperature info. The CPU hovered at 64/65C and was a steady 36C at idle before the stress test was started. Room temperature was at 26.5C at the start of the stress test and rose to 29.2C by the end of the stress test (I'm using the Galaxy Sensors app on my phone). I don't know if this would be considered strange but at about 3-4 mins. after the stress test ended (it passed), the CPU voltage jumped to 1.373, and then 1.395, and then went back down to 1.352. I had like 1-2% CPU utilization going on... basically idle.

I also grabbed Ryzen Master and Hardware Info 64. For anyone interested here is demo vid of Ryzen Master => Ryzen Master - How to Overclock All ryzen CPU's The Easiest And Best Way

jqpdev
Level 7
I would not "give" LN2 to youngsters but as a teaching tool in a classroom/lab, with proper knowledgeable adult supervision, it can be quite good. Yes, most teens/pre-teens would focus on gaming on their computers but there are plenty of science curious young students. I say the LN2 experiment PC build wouldn't be practical for day to day use because what I would be describing would have the LN2 exposed to open air thus it would evaporate. I would want the students to see the smokey vapor billowing from a LN2 pot sitting on top of an exposed CPU/mobo. Obviously a hardware thermal sensor showing the sub zero temps. A custom closed LN2 or other sub zero Celsius build would be practical for day to day use and those can be purchased right now.

http://www.digitalstorm.com/desktops.asp