cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryzen 7 1700 Processor corrupted after bios update!

Mete_Gokturk
Level 8
I have the Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard. After a bios update my processor became this. (1401 to 1602) All settings were selected by default. I did not make any adjustments. Did the processor break down? Only one core works. But the problem is: The computer rarely turns on. I get an error when I try to reload the bios. Actually, it's loading bios. But when I save the settings with F10 it never opens again. I installed the bios using the bios flashback feature behind the motherboard. But again the PC is not turned on. Sometimes the system is opening. I enter the bios settings and save the default settings with F10. But the system is not opening. I did not use Ryzen Master. I did not disable any nuclei. I use the Bios settings as default. This happened after Bios was updated. Is my processor broken? Or is the motherboard broken? The question is, How and why did the PC that was stable after the bios update default settings come to this state?

-I did not overclock in any way.
- I did not set up any bios setup.
-I have never used the Royal Master. (Because the performance of the system was enough for me.)
-I was using liquid cooling. (NZXT Kraken X52)
-The processor temperature was not more than 40 ° C. (Between 25-30).
- I updated the bios with EzFlash 3. The F1 screen came. I registered with F10.
- But the system did not open again.
- I tried it several times and it opened and I got the following images.
- Only one core worked.
- The PC did not open again in any way.

CPU: R7 1700
MB: ASUS C6H
RAM: G SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 8*2 CL14 RGB

4 REPLIES 4

Clouseau
Level 7
^Make to have a USB 2.0 flash drive (not a 2.0/3.0; just a plain 2.0). Put a fresh copy of the bios wanting to use on it. With the rig powered off press the clear cmos button on the back. Then turn off the psu and pull the plug from it. After the rgb lights go off pull the battery. Wait a little bit and put the battery back. Plug the psu back in and just turn on the psu. Press the clear cmos button again. Disconnect all items from the back (nothing plugged into the back of the board or the gpu). Now flash the new bios using the flash back method. After the bios flash is finished, clear the cmos again. Hopefully now after reconnecting all the connections from the back of the board and gpu, all will be fine. If not, RMA the board.

Clouseau wrote:
^Make to have a USB 2.0 flash drive (not a 2.0/3.0; just a plain 2.0). Put a fresh copy of the bios wanting to use on it. With the rig powered off press the clear cmos button on the back. Then turn off the psu and pull the plug from it. After the rgb lights go off pull the battery. Wait a little bit and put the battery back. Plug the psu back in and just turn on the psu. Press the clear cmos button again. Disconnect all items from the back (nothing plugged into the back of the board or the gpu). Now flash the new bios using the flash back method. After the bios flash is finished, clear the cmos again. Hopefully now after reconnecting all the connections from the back of the board and gpu, all will be fine. If not, RMA the board.

I found the problem on the system. After the Bios update, the processor seems to be corrupted due to an error caused by the Windows 10 operating system.
I solved the problem by formatting. (But I could start the system with the safe mode key.)

I solved the CPU problem by formatting the windows operating system.
But the system did not boot at all. It was only turned on with the secure boot key. It was never turned on by normal boot.

I tried to restore bios settings via USB flash with Bios flashback method. The system did not turn on again despite the smooth completion of the process.

I started the system with the safe mode key. Although the bios flashback process seemed to be successful, the failure to boot into the system was still present.

I have tried many methods to solve this problem. I installed the system as a space mount. I also got the CPU, Ram, Bios battery out of the system. I reset CMOS.

After waiting a long time (6 hours), I updated Biosu again with the help of bios flashback method. However, although my bios installation process seems to be successful, my system did not boot normally at all.

I sent my motherboard back to Amazon.

I found the motherboard fault reasons:
1-) Cold Boot problem: When the system could not boot up at 3200 Mhz RAM at first boot, we entered BIOS settings and saved the settings with F10 key.

Repeated bios registration every time in Bios may have caused this problem.

2-) Unstable Bios Versions: Unauthorized bios releases without proper testing may have caused the following missteps: People change a bios version they do not like using the USB Flashback method. But this may damage the bios chip or it may not record properly.
Some BIOS versions even give the processor too much voltage even when the system is idle.
But this does not make the system stable. On the contrary, the processor is damaged and the processor life is shortened. So my processor lost turbo boost ability.
3-) The poor quality of the Bios chip: The bios chip used in this board is not long-lasting and can easily break down. The bios chip used in such an ambitious motherboard should definitely be of high quality. In fact, this motherboard should be put on the market as dual bios.

As a result, the ASUS firm has used us here as guinea pigs and has caused damage to components we have, such as not being able to produce any solution.

Youtube site is full of many broken Crosshair VI motherboard videos. The new motherboard can of course be purchased. However, ASUS can not re-buy our confidence.

Mete Gokturk wrote:
I found the problem on the system. After the Bios update, the processor seems to be corrupted due to an error caused by the Windows 10 operating system.
I solved the problem by formatting. (But I could start the system with the safe mode key.)

I solved the CPU problem by formatting the windows operating system.
But the system did not boot at all. It was only turned on with the secure boot key. It was never turned on by normal boot.

I tried to restore bios settings via USB flash with Bios flashback method. The system did not turn on again despite the smooth completion of the process.

I started the system with the safe mode key. Although the bios flashback process seemed to be successful, the failure to boot into the system was still present.

I have tried many methods to solve this problem. I installed the system as a space mount. I also got the CPU, Ram, Bios battery out of the system. I reset CMOS.

After waiting a long time (6 hours), I updated Biosu again with the help of bios flashback method. However, although my bios installation process seems to be successful, my system did not boot normally at all.

I sent my motherboard back to Amazon.

I found the motherboard fault reasons:
1-) Cold Boot problem: When the system could not boot up at 3200 Mhz RAM at first boot, we entered BIOS settings and saved the settings with F10 key.

Repeated bios registration every time in Bios may have caused this problem.

2-) Unstable Bios Versions: Unauthorized bios releases without proper testing may have caused the following missteps: People change a bios version they do not like using the USB Flashback method. But this may damage the bios chip or it may not record properly.
Some BIOS versions even give the processor too much voltage even when the system is idle.
But this does not make the system stable. On the contrary, the processor is damaged and the processor life is shortened. So my processor lost turbo boost ability.
3-) The poor quality of the Bios chip: The bios chip used in this board is not long-lasting and can easily break down. The bios chip used in such an ambitious motherboard should definitely be of high quality. In fact, this motherboard should be put on the market as dual bios.

As a result, the ASUS firm has used us here as guinea pigs and has caused damage to components we have, such as not being able to produce any solution.

Youtube site is full of many broken Crosshair VI motherboard videos. The new motherboard can of course be purchased. However, ASUS can not re-buy our confidence.

Try using a BIOS programmer in the future. I know, it sucks (that you have to resort to such things), but they are marvelous little devices. They let you rescue BIOSes that are long dead by other means; they even let you do really stupid things (as I have recently found out ;-)): I wasn't paying attention, and flashed my Crosshair VI Hero WiFi to a regular Crosshair VI Hero...still boots (go figure); but now the ASUS Flash program thinks I have a regular Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, so I can't use that method to flash back to the correct model -> I'll have to use the BIOS programmer again, and my test clip needs to be replaced (new ones on order).

flynkalika
Level 7
I was trying to save some heat and power so i put my 1700x back to stock and undervolt it by 0.125. Besides the spikes to 1.5v (really -.-) the temp under AIDA load looks good to me: 56c with also gpu under load.

Anyone who tryed to to have a comparison?

EDIT: wrong thread, sorry