cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING issues

celab
Level 7
i just found out, that after the latest bios update to 0805 i have problems running my flarex ram at the docp speed. i have to revert back to jedec auto settings 2400MHz instead of the 3200/14 used before. anyone else expiring these kind of issues with the latest bios?
Orwell was an optimist
135 REPLIES 135

celab wrote:

@imacomputer : isnt there in the bios a thunderbolt option ? maybe you have to adjust the pcie lanes to suit your tb device ? i got no exp. with these kind of cards. but arent they only supported by intel chipsets 490/470 ?

I don't believe that the BIOS setting had any effect on the driver installer. B550-F GAMING WIFI is listed as compatible for the ThunderboltEX 3-TR. Mobo will not take any of their other TB cards due to different header connections.

Someone has a driver file 10.1.2.306 I was looking on the internet and I can't find it, apart from the fact that ASUS does not have this version Please I would appreciate it

celab
Level 7
https://youtu.be/-W6n3OEIHjE?t=114

really nice to see the b550 support for the ThunderboltEX 3-TR. i didnt know till now.
Orwell was an optimist

celab wrote:
https://youtu.be/-W6n3OEIHjE?t=114

really nice to see the b550 support for the ThunderboltEX 3-TR. i didnt know till now.

That is the ThunderboltEX 3. It will not work with B550-F GAMING WIFI.

celab
Level 7
well yes i was refering more to the bios settings. new bios out for b550-f 1004 after 1002 was pulled, but im not able to download it, 404 - not found
Orwell was an optimist

celab wrote:
well yes i was refering more to the bios settings. new bios out for b550-f 1004 after 1002 was pulled, but im not able to download it, 404 - not found

Strange, I downloaded as soon as it appeared on the site, then I tried to download it now when I read your comment and the new download is 0.1 MB bigger than the first 1004 I downloaded. Haven't updated yet but I'll guess I take the new one.

EDIT: My random reboots came back with 1004

celab
Level 7
got no issues with reboots. maybe a windows thing? only thing i witness is that when is use any mem settings trdwr i think it was, is always one digit different. so on cha 7 and chb 8, or cha 12, chb 13 aso. the only moment i get them even is when i overckock my mem to 3600 with 16/16/16/36/62 1,35V, very strange, but i do not witness any faults so far! did you do a fresh win10 install after upgrading ? die you clear cmos via jumper or bat ? are you on the latest win updates as today there came a new kum patch ? if using m2 how hot is it ? even with the cooler from asus i still get sometimes 53C ?
Orwell was an optimist

celab wrote:
got no issues with reboots. maybe a windows thing? only thing i witness is that when is use any mem settings trdwr i think it was, is always one digit different. so on cha 7 and chb 8, or cha 12, chb 13 aso. the only moment i get them even is when i overckock my mem to 3600 with 16/16/16/36/62 1,35V, very strange, but i do not witness any faults so far! did you do a fresh win10 install after upgrading ? die you clear cmos via jumper or bat ? are you on the latest win updates as today there came a new kum patch ? if using m2 how hot is it ? even with the cooler from asus i still get sometimes 53C ?

I'm almost certain that it isn't a windows thing, I had to replace my m.2 with different brand and model and the problems were still there (fresh install of windows also). Even ordered a new pair of RAM sticks and the problem was still present on BIOS 0805, unfortunately I had to return them before 1004 came out.

I did not reinstall windows when updating to 1004, that's too much of a hassle. But I did clear the cmos jumper. After 45min on 1004 I got a random reboot with WHEA-logger error in event log, I then downgraded back to 1002 and haven't had any problems running DOCP, got a reply from Asus today and he said :

"As for the BIOS in question that was removed, it may be because the newer has a security fix that or other fix for an issue that was not in 1002.
So to make sure from our HQ point a view a "unsafe" version isn't on the support page it was removed.
Do note, that this doesn't mean it's unsafe in itself, just that doesn't meet the standard our HQ was aiming for."

I think I'm staying @ 1002 until there's a new BIOS update, I've saved the 1002 on multiple places hehe.

My m.2 temps are about 42C, but it has a custom cooler that came with it. (Corsair MP600)

polo1jcw
Level 7
WARNING: ASUS has no backup parts for its EOL products. Meaning that if your ASUS product needs a replacement part in the near future, you have to replace the whole unit with their stocked EOL product (You will keep going through this process until you exhausted EOL products) How smart!
I bought my ROG laptop for around $1.3k and now they ask me to replace this EOL model with $1.7k because they don't have a replacement part but only the model!!!
Terrible after-sale service is what's stopping ASUS from growing to a giant!
I'm moving away from ASUS related products!

christizzz
Level 7
Hello,

here is my setup:

Asus Strix B550-E received and builkt yesterday with Bios 1004

Ryzen 7 3700x

32Gb (2x16) GSkill trident Z 3600mhz Cl16-19-19-39 ( default xmp)

2 ssds + 1ssd nvme

GTX 1070

The problem only occurs when i switch the PSU off and then back on ( power cycle) and then turn on the PC.

If the PSU was NOT turned off from the previous PC shut down... then the PC will boot and the XMP profile will work flawlessly

If the PSU was turned off and then back on again the pc will light up but i will get error code "0d" and ram debug led ON.

The only way to boot is if i clear CMOS. The problem will not occur if i dont load the XMP profile. The Ram i am using is QVL on the Asus motherboard website.

So i tried with my old Ram ( gskill ripjaws 16Gb(2x8) 3200mhz cl16-18-18-38... and i got the same problem... so the new ram is defintiely not defective....

i am running out of ideas. i usually turn off the PSU when i leave home for couple of days.... so it will be annoying to reset the bios every time.

thanks