cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING issues

celab
Level 7
i just found out, that after the latest bios update to 0805 i have problems running my flarex ram at the docp speed. i have to revert back to jedec auto settings 2400MHz instead of the 3200/14 used before. anyone else expiring these kind of issues with the latest bios?
Orwell was an optimist
135 REPLIES 135

Stability is better with new AMD chip (5800X3D) so it might be the case that even CPU microcode/revision/whatever have some responsibility in stability of the system.

I used core cycler to find the downvolt to each core, then tested with prime95 (Ryzen 5600x) - B550-F gaming (rev 1.0) Bios 2604 with Intel Chip revision 3.

I have PBO set to motherboard and negative PBO2 curve set to:

core 0 - 25
core 1 - 0
core 2 - 25
core 3 - 25
core 4 - 10
core 5 - 25

I'm getting 12k points in CB23 and its stable running prime95 and aida64 for 30 minutes..

celab
Level 7
Intel network driver package 27.6
up's the lan driver to 1.1.3.8
Orwell was an optimist

Went from BIOS rev 2423 to 2803 to try to fix some of my USB issues (any time I plug or unplug USB devices, my keyboards will often stop working until I reboot.)

Now, my system is unstable. Firefox tabs crash, Windows Explorer crashes, and various games I try playing will crash. I even got a blue screen once with an access violation.

strixfg
Level 7
BIOS 2806 has been the most stable so far. I used to get crashes/reboots previously and could not go any higher than 0MHz on Boost. On BIOS 2803 I also had this weird issue where crashes were still happening when the Curve Optimizer for a specific core was set to "Negative, 0" and the crashes stopped after changing it to "Positive, 0". It made no sense to me.

Now it's sitting at +200MHz Boost on this 5600x while still using my previous voltage settings for CPU/Chipset/RAM and the same Curve Optimizer (which I'll need to spend time to redo). Memory also seems seems more stable.

One issue I have is that having PBO settings in two places (ASUS vs AMD) is rather confusing. I'm sticking to the AMD page only. Also, the Asus Fmax option that was set to on as Default on the ASUS page should really be off when enabling the PBO on the AMD page.

Curious if anyone else has tried the new beta 3001 bios.

strixfg wrote:
BIOS 2806 has been the most stable so far. I used to get crashes/reboots previously and could not go any higher than 0MHz on Boost. On BIOS 2803 I also had this weird issue where crashes were still happening when the Curve Optimizer for a specific core was set to "Negative, 0" and the crashes stopped after changing it to "Positive, 0". It made no sense to me.

Now it's sitting at +200MHz Boost on this 5600x while still using my previous voltage settings for CPU/Chipset/RAM and the same Curve Optimizer (which I'll need to spend time to redo). Memory also seems seems more stable.

One issue I have is that having PBO settings in two places (ASUS vs AMD) is rather confusing. I'm sticking to the AMD page only. Also, the Asus Fmax option that was set to on as Default on the ASUS page should really be off when enabling the PBO on the AMD page.

Curious if anyone else has tried the new beta 3001 bios.

I'm using a B550-F gaming (non wifi), with this beta BIOS 3001.
So far, so good, no problems to report.

Using a 5800x3d with PBO2 enabled (Negative curve -30 all cores) - Stable.
Memory: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL-14