cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING issues

celab
Level 7
i just found out, that after the latest bios update to 0805 i have problems running my flarex ram at the docp speed. i have to revert back to jedec auto settings 2400MHz instead of the 3200/14 used before. anyone else expiring these kind of issues with the latest bios?
Orwell was an optimist
135 REPLIES 135

Punterz
Level 7
From one day to the next, I can no longer access the BIOS. I get a black screen with BIOS 2006.
Sorry, but I only have problems with this board. There is always something different, absolutely annoying.

rubenalamina
Level 7
I've been running BIOS 2403 at stock to test stability on everyday usage and everything is fine. Today I enabled my PBO settings (motherboard limits and CO -20 except fastest two cores at -10 and second fastest to -15). The clocks are not boosting past 4,850 MHz which is something that never happened before. They usually hit around 4,950 during normal usage. Anyone else with this experience on this BIOS? I'll be checking clocks during a 24h period but it should be boosting higher with the same settings used in previous BIOS versions.

Did anyone experience missing / non-working limits with the most current 2423 bios? I normally have the limits set to default (142W), but my CPU will draw 200W easily with this bios. It even does so when eco-mode is selected (65W).

Any ideas what might be causing this?

My excitement was premature.
Now i get 1-2 reboots per week, when computer is idling mostly. No blue screen, no errors, just like power off, and then instantly on.... and system loads again.

I was expecting higher quality from this brand 😕 I feel like beta tester (non paid).

latest bioz (Version 2423)

Radical_53 wrote:
Did anyone experience missing / non-working limits with the most current 2423 bios? I normally have the limits set to default (142W), but my CPU will draw 200W easily with this bios. It even does so when eco-mode is selected (65W).

Any ideas what might be causing this?

it using it for a very short time only ? just let auto contr. do its thing 😉 worrie if its stable 200w way through with rising temps und lookups.
Orwell was an optimist

Now im just getting sad...

Randomly i get ethernet link downs without any particular reason. 1-2x a day, this is getting silly. I was working using some conferencing software then I get disconnected - fortunately I have router with logging capability and I see that eth link was down. This is happening only with this mobo/computer (I have 8 devices connected to this router by ethernet) and only ASUS B550F board is doing this.

My mobo Revision is R1.00

So to keep long story short... stuff happens right?

I've bought Asus B550F (recommended by Anandtech board), as review was compelling (as parameters).
It seems i've ended up with Revision 1.00 of hardware and its common knowledge that on this version you can end up with "Crackling audio" and USB problems and... disconnecting LAN (broken I225 V2 network controller).

I've asked here in Poland for help and ASUS just said i've should sent the board for "repair". This is the quality of service by ASUS in Poland.

What it means in practice:
- I have to buy new mobo (I work in IT, need computer to work)
- burn 2-3h time to rewire everything and replace board

I believe this is very bad customer experience and I will not be recommending ASUS products anymore (I like the TUF 3080 TI card but this is probably last product I bought from this manufacturer). Im really disappointed.

I also asked local ASUS official retailer, as I wanted to buy same board but higher revision - here still R1.00 in the shops....

Jghiguk
Level 7
Hi , I have a huge problem with this motherboard, I have an amd 5600x processor and this board, in the processor area when I start the game there is a strong electrical crackling, even when I move the mouse in the game, this sound repeats the mouse movements, and if the FPS is not limited, there will be very strong jerks pictures, how to fix it?

Jghiguk wrote:
Hi , I have a huge problem with this motherboard, I have an amd 5600x processor and this board, in the processor area when I start the game there is a strong electrical crackling, even when I move the mouse in the game, this sound repeats the mouse movements, and if the FPS is not limited, there will be very strong jerks pictures, how to fix it?

Not enough information to guess.

Try first to stress component one at the time, start with CPU (Prime95 torture test)
then furmark or other GPU intensive testing program.

Also do not overclock anything in your system, set everything to default (for all components).

Also I've found why sometimes im getting network drops....

When i connect 2 USB hard drives (mechanical 2,5'') network is randomly dropping. This just sux.... To restore correct state i have to reboot computer (with full power off).

O course... dropping PCI-E from Gen4 to Gen3 fixes the problem 😕