cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING issues

celab
Level 7
i just found out, that after the latest bios update to 0805 i have problems running my flarex ram at the docp speed. i have to revert back to jedec auto settings 2400MHz instead of the 3200/14 used before. anyone else expiring these kind of issues with the latest bios?
Orwell was an optimist
135 REPLIES 135

xenon2 wrote:
Also I've found why sometimes im getting network drops....

When i connect 2 USB hard drives (mechanical 2,5'') network is randomly dropping. This just sux.... To restore correct state i have to reboot computer (with full power off).

O course... dropping PCI-E from Gen4 to Gen3 fixes the problem 😕

pcie line sharing ? try switching usb ports for drives and if so, put some less bandwigth hungry stuff onto these port who cause the drop. was soe talk about a while ago. thought that prob was fixed with new bios updates ?
Orwell was an optimist

Jghiguk wrote:
Hi , I have a huge problem with this motherboard, I have an amd 5600x processor and this board, in the processor area when I start the game there is a strong electrical crackling, even when I move the mouse in the game, this sound repeats the mouse movements, and if the FPS is not limited, there will be very strong jerks pictures, how to fix it?

try vsync, gsync or freesync , the the refresh rate in win/drv to the right number. sound like capa. noise from the gpu maybe ?
Orwell was an optimist

strixfg
Level 7
I've not experienced a single network drop since the 1.0.2.4 LAN driver that's listed on Asus support site. I've also replaced the cat6 cable with a cat8 one and it seems maximum throughput is consistently high now even though it's only a 1 gigabit network. Odd that I've used the same cat6 cable on my previous system with no issues.

strixfg wrote:
I've not experienced a single network drop since the 1.0.2.4 LAN driver that's listed on Asus support site. I've also replaced the cat6 cable with a cat8 one and it seems maximum throughput is consistently high now even though it's only a 1 gigabit network. Odd that I've used the same cat6 cable on my previous system with no issues.

Its easy to dismiss what im saying. I've tried everything (actually im IT professional) - always 1-2 network drops per day.
I've even get network tester from my work to see what is happening (CAT 7 cable, mikrotik RB4011 network router with RTL chipset on switch side).

Mobo rev 1.0 is saying it all.

I've fixed problem by buying pci-e intel ethernet card - no single drop from this time so this is broken on-board lan.
I know all companies are trying to reduce costs and not doing recalls on problems like this.
On the positive side, I've found bios settings that is preventing computer from random-reboots when computer is idling...

I'm quite sad and disappointed as I was buing premium "gaming" grade equipment - so... i guess you can get drop from time to time right? Maybve it was not premium enough, maybe top motherboard wolud work, who knows.

I would rename ROG to Republic Of Lost Network Packets and crackling audio.

schm0
Level 10
Some ethernet plugs don't fit so good.
I have such cable here myself.
Some random disconnects and when the plug (plugged into the port) is slightly moved the connection completely drops.
At that is a little bit more expensive CAT6 one...

schm0 wrote:
Some ethernet plugs don't fit so good.
Some random disconnects and when the plug (plugged into the port) is slightly moved the connection completely drops.

Not in my case - moving the cable at either PC or router side did not correlate to disconnects. I'm not sure what was causing it.

xenon2 wrote:
Its easy to dismiss what im saying. I've tried everything (actually im IT professional) - always 1-2 network drops per day.
I've even get network tester from my work to see what is happening (CAT 7 cable, mikrotik RB4011 network router with RTL chipset on switch side).

Mobo rev 1.0 is saying it all.

I've fixed problem by buying pci-e intel ethernet card - no single drop from this time so this is broken on-board lan.
I know all companies are trying to reduce costs and not doing recalls on problems like this.
On the positive side, I've found bios settings that is preventing computer from random-reboots when computer is idling...

I'm not sure which revision mine is. CPU-z reports X.0.x. I've had no disconnects on bios 2404 or on my current 2423.

I guess I'm more lucky than you. Perhaps the disconnects were related to some sort of instablity?

In my case I've manually set voltages to some things for stability on my 5600x with CMK16GX4M2D3600C16 (1.35v) memory. It's not on the QVL list but seems ok with manual settings at 3600MHz, CL16, 1800FCKL. No errors. I changed docp to manual and used these voltages:
DRAM voltage: 1.38v
VSOC: 1.075v
VDDG IOD/CCD: 1.01v
VDDP: 0.96v

It's been fine without dropping pcie 4 to 3.
I'm currently running PBO (via AMD overclock settings in bios and not ai tweaker) with manual limits without boost and per core -ve curve optimizer - tested until stable.

Regarding audio crackling - I've seen reports on the AMD forums that this may be related to TPM. I also experienced this but i've not had one since changing the TPM version to the previous/older one without fully disabling it in bios.

strixfg wrote:

I guess I'm more lucky than you. Perhaps the disconnects were related to some sort of instablity?

No. Stock settings (no OC as anything with FCLK over 1600 is not guaranteed to work).
I've tried everything.
I had multiple BIOSes over the time, now I have latest stable.
This is just broken ethernet intel chip - now i have some intel pci-e ethenet card - and no single drop to my router.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/lko3gh/strix_b550fb550a_owners_what_revision_of_the/

Revision of mobo is printed on the mobo...
Asus just don't care about customer experience. This is common especially in Poland - where you will get worst stock of any product.

With latest bios "idle" resets are back - (computer doing restarts on idle) - even with enabled bios option "current idle" in CPU subsection.

Version 2604
2022/03/07

Seems that disabling global C-states helps.

xenon2 wrote:
With latest bios "idle" resets are back - (computer doing restarts on idle) - even with enabled bios option "current idle" in CPU subsection.

Version 2604
2022/03/07

Seems that disabling global C-states helps.

If you have PBO enabled and are using CO, random restarts while under light load or idle is a common instability cause. If that's your case, don't go all -30 for all cores, try something like -10 or -15 and then go from there until a week passes without a random restart and adjust per core.

rubenalamina wrote:
If you have PBO enabled and are using CO, random restarts while under light load or idle is a common instability cause. If that's your case, don't go all -30 for all cores, try something like -10 or -15 and then go from there until a week passes without a random restart and adjust per core.

He did say he uses stock settings and no overclock.

In my case when using CO with PBO without boost I've found one core to not like any -ve values or else I'd get random idle reboots. Event logs would always point to core 4 (from 0-5) thread 8 on my 5600x. I used prime95 and OCCT core swithing to otherwise find final -ve CO values for the other cores that range from -27 to -9, but I dont know of any software to fast track idle stablility.