cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING issues

celab
Level 7
i just found out, that after the latest bios update to 0805 i have problems running my flarex ram at the docp speed. i have to revert back to jedec auto settings 2400MHz instead of the 3200/14 used before. anyone else expiring these kind of issues with the latest bios?
Orwell was an optimist
135 REPLIES 135

Hi Guys,

i have this Board since Release last Year June. I have from the beginning strange Issues with the Audio.

The Problem:

Audio playback is delayed, let me explain. When you play Games, especially Shooters and fire your shot, you see the Gunfire and than, with delay comes the Sound". Super annoying and makes the Games unplayable for me. The strange thing is, when i disable "all audio enhancements" Sonic Studio, DTS and the Windows Enhancements than the Issue is completely gone.

I´ve tested this with all Drivers from Mokichu and the two Drivers from ASUS Website. Same Issue, I use MSI Tool and configure all Devices to Message signaled Interrupts, makes no Difference.

Mokichu told me that i should contact ASUS Support and the Support says: This is no Hardware or Software Issue. When you activate DSPs it is normal that it have some Delay.

Any Ideas from you Guys? i have checked this with every Bios from Website, many many clean Windows Installs, same Issues.

The only Fix is, disable all DSPs or install Realtek HDA Driver with the legacy Control Panel ( that fix this too but no Enhancements)

Clay79 wrote:
Hi Guys,

i have this Board since Release last Year June. I have from the beginning strange Issues with the Audio.

The Problem:

Audio playback is delayed, let me explain. When you play Games, especially Shooters and fire your shot, you see the Gunfire and than, with delay comes the Sound". Super annoying and makes the Games unplayable for me. The strange thing is, when i disable "all audio enhancements" Sonic Studio, DTS and the Windows Enhancements than the Issue is completely gone.

I´ve tested this with all Drivers from Mokichu and the two Drivers from ASUS Website. Same Issue, I use MSI Tool and configure all Devices to Message signaled Interrupts, makes no Difference.

Mokichu told me that i should contact ASUS Support and the Support says: This is no Hardware or Software Issue. When you activate DSPs it is normal that it have some Delay.

Any Ideas from you Guys? i have checked this with every Bios from Website, many many clean Windows Installs, same Issues.

The only Fix is, disable all DSPs or install Realtek HDA Driver with the legacy Control Panel ( that fix this too but no Enhancements)

Support is right, if you want low latency you can't have DSP. Realtime DSP effects are expensive and are not likely to be built into a motherboard.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

I understand ,

but why is ASUS implement Features like Sonic Studio 3 or DTS Unbound for the Realtek ALC1220 Soundchip? I am the only one that feel the high Latency? Or most People don´t care...

Punterz
Level 7
Hello everyone,

Which experts actually came up with these brackets for locking the graphics card?
Every exchange of the graphics card is a pain with this component. My previous AsRock had a "slider" to the side, which was totally easy. With this ASUS clamp, you have to be careful not to scratch the board with a plastic wedge. You can't get to it from below, so you have to release the lock from above.

In the meantime, the clamp looks really worn out. I'm already looking forward to the next exchange of a graphics card.
In another forum I found a user who has the same problem.

Can I get this bracket individually?

Regards

Punterz wrote:
Hello everyone,

Which experts actually came up with these brackets for locking the graphics card?
Every exchange of the graphics card is a pain with this component. My previous AsRock had a "slider" to the side, which was totally easy. With this ASUS clamp, you have to be careful not to scratch the board with a plastic wedge. You can't get to it from below, so you have to release the lock from above.

In the meantime, the clamp looks really worn out. I'm already looking forward to the next exchange of a graphics card.
In another forum I found a user who has the same problem.

Can I get this bracket individually?

Regards

I would also like to know, the plastic around the "lever" went to crap the first time i tried to remove my gfx.

strixfg
Level 7
I still have ethernet dropouts.

It happens multiple times an hour during high network and cpu (5600x) load. I'm on the latest bios (2404), latest amd chipset drivers, and recommended intel i225-v drivers for this issue (1.0.1.4) with nvm 1.45. I've disabled power saving settings on the nic adapter and set duplex to 1gbit full.

@CusmaR

According to german support from asus, the clamp is not available individually. Really bad. Am I supposed to remove my board and send it in for a faulty design from asus? 😄

Punterz wrote:
@CusmaR

According to german support from asus, the clamp is not available individually. Really bad. Am I supposed to remove my board and send it in for a faulty design from asus? 😄

No plastic it is then, hehe.

I've updated from 1004 to latest 2423 and it was better experience than in the past. System booted without problems and seems to be stable.

RAM: F4-3600C17-16GTZKW x 2

strixfg wrote:
I still have ethernet dropouts.

It happens multiple times an hour during high network and cpu (5600x) load. I'm on the latest bios (2404), latest amd chipset drivers, and recommended intel i225-v drivers for this issue (1.0.1.4) with nvm 1.45. I've disabled power saving settings on the nic adapter and set duplex to 1gbit full.

Update: Manually adjusting memory controller voltages according to the recommended values of the Ryzen DRAM 1.7.3 calculator seems to have made a difference. I haven't noticed any lan disconnects in that past day. I had been running the docp profile at default since upgrading the bios without changing much else. Then I made these changes:

Voltages: default vs recommended
DRAM: 1.35v | 1.36v
VSOC: 1.0375v | 1.05v
VDDP: 0.9002v | 0.95v
VDDG CCD: 0.9976v | 1.00v
VDDG IOD: 1.05v | 1.00v

other changes I made according to the calc:
power down mode: disabled
geard down mode: enabled
cmd rate: 1T
porcODT: 40

I also just a disabled all lan settings like flow control, interrupt moderation, checksum offload etc. Others have said it helped on the same lan controller.

Will have give it more time to see if this wasn't just a lucky boot.

Edit update: Didn't work. Another boot and multiple disconnects returned.