cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING issues

celab
Level 7
i just found out, that after the latest bios update to 0805 i have problems running my flarex ram at the docp speed. i have to revert back to jedec auto settings 2400MHz instead of the 3200/14 used before. anyone else expiring these kind of issues with the latest bios?
Orwell was an optimist
135 REPLIES 135

thanks, i will try it and report back!

CusmaR wrote:
ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING Bios 1002
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RjFOP7hRMALtu03A6IWwb3bRBwZ-PpHP/view?usp=sharing

Here you go, I only had the one on my USB drive so it's already renamed. This is for ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING(!)

BTW, which CPU are you using? Because 1002 is not compatible with my 5800X i guess.
1002 is AGESA 1.0.8.0 which should have beta-like Vermeer Support. iprobably don't want to take that risk...

ERDNUSS wrote:
BTW, which CPU are you using? Because 1002 is not compatible with my 5800X i guess.
1002 is AGESA 1.0.8.0 which should have beta-like Vermeer Support. iprobably don't want to take that risk...

Oh, didn't think about that, great catch! I checked HWinfo and it says AGESA 1.0.8.0
I have a Ryzen 5 3600 so I can't confirm if it works with your CPU unfortunately.

Asus told me that they are working on a BIOS, so i better wait. The B550-F has flashback functionality but i think ill skip that. Nonetheless, thank you very much!

1801 is out, 1602 is still in beta. Would love a proven stable version soon.

so try 1802

1801 does not fix my DOCP issue, can not run system with that on! Do they even test these things?

andjayik wrote:
1801 does not fix my DOCP issue, can not run system with that on! Do they even test these things?

Same, but I can get really close to my memory spec if I manually set clock speed, fclk, voltage and the first 4 timings. My RAM is specced at 16-18-18-36 but I can only get it to 18-18-18-38, 3600mhz. If I change CL to 16 it will not POST, as soon as I change it back to 18 it's fine.

Works in DOCP now if i enable memory frequency to auto. I had it on manual DDR4-3200mhz and would not boot up properly? is this right, mem freq should be auto?

andjayik wrote:
Works in DOCP now if i enable memory frequency to auto. I had it on manual DDR4-3200mhz and would not boot up properly? is this right, mem freq should be auto?

yes, auto is correct for DOCP. The only thing to touch is the FCLK setting if you want to hit the 1:1 fabric/memory nirvana. The rest should be left unless you want to overclock your memory.