Level 9
new bios 1202
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING BIOS 1202
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

Hi, you are not alone. I also have those problems with USB and cold boot. In my case, boot fine up to 3600 18-18-18. One step below cl18 cant perform clean boot after power lost. The system is stable at 3800 14-14-14 . If shutting down the PSU and then try to start the PC ,Qcode stuck on 0d, one click on the RESTART button and everything work fine and stable under windows.I also think it's something with the starting voltage.
PC spec
cpu R3900x
ram Viper Steel 4400cl19 2x8gb
mobo Rog strix b550-e gaming
gpu Vega 64
psu corsair hx850w
M.2 samsung 970 Evo plus
I hope they solve this annoying problems.

@rainbOw, @mahd_mahn, @Macholla I have exactly the same problems. Usb port keeps freezing and also cold boot issues. Usb port freezing is now fixed by disabling global-c state. Cold boot is also fixed by a work around right now I just don't flip the switch on my powerstrip so there is always a bit of power on the pc. When I do switch off the power strip the boot issue is always fixed after the first restart. Also when DOCP is off I dont have any cold boot issues. Hope this will be fixed.

Specs:
- amd 5900x
- Asus rog strix b550e (Latest bios 1401)
- G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb 3600 CL16 2x 16gb
- Asus strix gtx 1080 (still waiting for my 3080)
- be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W
- m.2 samsung 970 evo 1tb

lzeppelin
Level 7
Hello everyone.... bios 1401 is giving many problems to me, in addition to the keyboard and mouse to freeze.
How can I downgrade the bios to a previous release?
EZ Flash won't let me. 😞

lzeppelin wrote:
Hello everyone.... bios 1401 is giving many problems to me, in addition to the keyboard and mouse to freeze.
How can I downgrade the bios to a previous release?
EZ Flash won't let me. 😞

What kind of issues are you having? Would be nice to know for future reference.
Did you try flashing through the USB port in the back while computer is turned off?

lzeppelin
Level 7
New bios 1601 beta.
They update AMD AM4 AGESA to V2 PI 1.1.9.0.

lzeppelin wrote:
New bios 1601 beta.
They update AMD AM4 AGESA to V2 PI 1.1.9.0.

Did anybody try this bios version?

Dr3Ame3r wrote:
Did anybody try this bios version?

Yes, works fine so far, running 3800cl16 with minimal curve optimization settings.
As in previous bios updates I needed to load optimized defaults and enter every single value by hand again. Importing any profile, even with the exact same values leads to all kinds of errors.

I've test 1601 bios, and have noticed that in idle and multi core tests (like cinebench r23 or r20) the ccd2 seems to run few degrees hotter then ccd1 now. Has anybody else noticed this? On 1401 I remember the multicore tests had same degrees on both ccd1 and ccd2. I am monitoring in hwinfo64.

I have 5900x and b550-e gaming.

Here's 1601 example of pbo and ccd2 hotter, usually it never is hotter.

I've since reflashed the 1401, and voila temps on the ccd's are again same on the multicore cb tests:

Figured the ccd1 get's bit under utilized it seems, also the core0 is not boosting the same as others.

Also the USB issue is not fixed meh, Asus please. I am not sure what's going on but hoping the next stable release fixes usb + this weird core utilisation.

Can confirm, rear USB 2.0 ports is not working for me aswell.

1601 seems to be removed now. Hopefully they are working on a new fixed version.