https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING BIOS 1202
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

weetabixharry
Level 7
This BIOS update messes up my USB. With this update, my keyboard and mouse are disconnected and reconnected roughly every 5 to 10 seconds, which is obviously unusable. However, it doesn't mysteriously kill one of the SATA ports (which the previous BIOS - 1004 - did).

I'm not sure if this update fixes the issue that my USB keyboard (which works perfectly on all other systems) is not detected unless connected via a secondary USB hub. I'm not going to move my cabling around to test this when clearly this BIOS is unstable garbage.

This is extremely disappointing from ASUS. This is $200 motherboard and I can honestly say I have never even seen a budget board with stability issues this bad.

I still have the issue with upper USB ports on 1212.

experte
Level 7
Same here, whenever I plug anything into the USB 2.0 ports the devices will sooner or later start disconnecting, using an Asus Strix 3070 and 5900X, tried latest BIOS Beta and stable version. Is Asus looking into this? Some B550 boards from other manufacturers are having similar issues though, maybe it's actually a buggy AGESA.

Same. 2 of the 4 USB2.0 ports still not working in ver 1212.
Besides intermittent crash/reboot with AMD 5900x

experte
Level 7
New Beta 1216 did not help one bit.

Same problem here, unusable USB 2.0 ports. UEFI 1216.

EDIT:
BIOS 1401 do not help any way.
Now on-board USB32_7 stop working at all.

For those who have problems with staggering keyboard and mouse controls and disconnections of USB2 ports, you can try disabling "global c-state" and setting "Power Supply Idle Control" mode to "typical power usage" in your BIOS. I cant exactly remember the locations of these settings under BIOS menu but, they are both under Advanced tab. I also had the same USB problems regardless of my BIOS version but after turning off "global c-state" settings, they disappeared.

Thank you Rainb0W.
Disabling "Global C-state Control" works for me.
No more disconnecting/reconnecting on USB2.0 ports.
It costs about 5W more on CPU at idle, but it's nothing to worry about.

LukeZ28 wrote:
Thank you Rainb0W.
Disabling "Global C-state Control" works for me.
No more disconnecting/reconnecting on USB2.0 ports.
It costs about 5W more on CPU at idle, but it's nothing to worry about.

Good to hear that I could help ^^

If you don't want to disable global c-state control, you can try leaving it at auto and only changing "Power Supply Idle Control" (try searching it in bios) mode from "auto" to "typical" in your BIOS. I am using my system like that right now, without any aforementioned problems. its possible that effectivity of these settings are the same though, so It might or might not solve the extra 5W at idle problem, but its worth to try.