https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING BIOS 1202
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

Grog777 wrote:
Hi Mikle,

I'm not experiencing freezing since 1 week as soon as i've changed my memory sticks (that are in Asus QVL list) and my GPU and have done another thing that i'm thinking is the real reason cause finally my setup is similar to yours : R5 5600X, RX 6800 FE, SSD 980 PRO 1TB, 2*16 GB RAM HyperX predator 3600Mhz HX436C17PB3K2/32.

So the only thing i'm thinking is the reason of my freezing issue Fix is the fact that i've plugged the additionnal 4pin (CPU) connector from PSU to motherboard just beside the 8pin connector.

Hope it helps, please share your feedback if you plug that connector too !

Have a good day,
Guillaume

Thank you very much ! I will try to connect an additional 4-pin connector. Then I'll write what happened. But in general, freezes do not occur often, maybe once a month for 2-4 freezes in two days, or 2-4 freezes in 2 weeks. Logically, if there was not enough power, it would not work, the Cooler Master power supply unit is 850 watts. Yes, and the first 2 months after the assembly of the system, this was not the case

Hello everybody,
I have this configuration: AMD R5 3600, ASUS RTX-2060, 2x8 GB (KHX3200C16D4/8GX) and an Asus B550-E MB. I'm using the D.O.C.P. 3200 profile.

I had no problems (maybe 1 blue screen a month) till mid July. I've updated windows, installed the new version of the MB and downloaded the latest AMD drivers for my chipset. Valorant updated as well and i started to have PC crashes with all possible error code. The most of them occurred while playing Valorant. I tried so many things and formatted the PC multiple times, but i still had these crashes. I did some tests and there were errors in the memory and the CPU.
I tried turning of the D.O.C.P. but it didn't help with crashes, i only got no memory errors anymore.
I randomly read a comment while i was looking on google for a solution and that solved my problem!
There's an option in the bios settings called Core Performance Boost. I turned it off and i don't have any problems at all, although the test show CPU errors. My PC is like 10° cooler and i don't have any crashes. Of course i'm not getting 4.10 GHz anymore, but it's still fine for me. I don't even understand why the CPU always jumped to 4-4.10 GHz even if i was just surfing or sth like that.

I hope this help you. I would like to try the CPU connector but i don't have any clue how to do that xD and i dont't know if that would let me turn the Core Performance Boost on again. I have a Kolink Enclave 600 Watt.

Nablax wrote:
Hello everybody,
I have this configuration: AMD R5 3600, ASUS RTX-2060, 2x8 GB (KHX3200C16D4/8GX) and an Asus B550-E MB. I'm using the D.O.C.P. 3200 profile.

I have exactly the same memory modules and having very similar problems on this mainboard: some games are crashing, sometimes the PC just freeze (have to hard reset then) - all of this happens when I set up memory to XMP profile at 1600 MHz. It's an Intel standard so I wouldn't expect it to works on AMD platform flawlessly, so now I've set it back to JEDEC's standard at 1200 MHz. And noticeable is that these modules are not mentioned on QVL list for this mainboard: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory - so if one wants their memory to work on 1600 MHz then one should find some other modules (possibly from other manufacturer).

I just updated with 2604 from 2423 and my system went very unstable. I open a browser and all the extensions report they crashed. A few seconds later - BSOD. Restarted several times and the same. I went back with 2423 and it's normal again, hopefully.

I have Ryzen 3700X, T-Force Vulcan Z DDR 3200. The only changes I've made in the BIOS are to enable DOCP and Virtualization.

I've updated many times so far without a problem, until now.

ROGACH wrote:
I just updated with 2604 from 2423 and my system went very unstable. I open a browser and all the extensions report they crashed. A few seconds later - BSOD. Restarted several times and the same. I went back with 2423 and it's normal again, hopefully.

I have Ryzen 3700X, T-Force Vulcan Z DDR 3200. The only changes I've made in the BIOS are to enable DOCP and Virtualization.

I've updated many times so far without a problem, until now.

Hi, stay with BIOS 2423, the 2604 based on AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b is causing a lot of troubles especially with Ryzen 3000 CPUs
Main PC : Asus C8HW / AMD Ryzen 9 3900x / 32 Go 3000 Mhz C15 Corsair Vengeance RGB / nVidia RTX 3090 FE / Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500G / Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.Black / Lian-li O11 Dynamic XL RoG Certified / Corsair AX1500i
Secondary PC : Asus R5E / Intel i7 5930K / 16 Go 2800 Mhz C16 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 / Asus GTX 980 Poseidon / Samsung 850 Pro 256G / XSPC W/C / Cooler Master Cosmos 2 / FSP Hydro G Pro 850

GoLLuM13 wrote:
Hi, stay with BIOS 2423, the 2604 based on AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b is causing a lot of troubles especially with Ryzen 3000 CPUs

Thanks, I guess I'll do that.

Hello, how can I reduce the maximum consumed limit on the processor by the motherboard, I tried and the option LLC did not help.

Grog777 wrote:
Hi Mikle,

I'm not experiencing freezing since 1 week as soon as i've changed my memory sticks (that are in Asus QVL list) and my GPU and have done another thing that i'm thinking is the real reason cause finally my setup is similar to yours : R5 5600X, RX 6800 FE, SSD 980 PRO 1TB, 2*16 GB RAM HyperX predator 3600Mhz HX436C17PB3K2/32.

So the only thing i'm thinking is the reason of my freezing issue Fix is the fact that i've plugged the additionnal 4pin (CPU) connector from PSU to motherboard just beside the 8pin connector.

Hope it helps, please share your feedback if you plug that connector too !

Have a good day,
Guillaume

The 4-pin auxiliary power connector did not do anything, even completely reinstalled Windows 10 with the formatting of the disk, the friezes continue, I have not been sinning on the BIOS since 1804, it started from 2006 -2420

Has anyone with stability issues tried disabling Global C-State Control in the bios?

I've been struggling for stability with a TUF Gaming B550-Plus and 5600x. It's always worse at higher RAM speeds (e.g. 3600) but I even have issues at 3200. I've tried different bios versions and it's made no difference. Disabling Global C-State Control has almost completely cleared the issue, I still feel like it's hiding something else that is wrong, but at least it has made the system usable.

ianjoyner wrote:
Has anyone with stability issues tried disabling Global C-State Control in the bios?

I've been struggling for stability with a TUF Gaming B550-Plus and 5600x. It's always worse at higher RAM speeds (e.g. 3600) but I even have issues at 3200. I've tried different bios versions and it's made no difference. Disabling Global C-State Control has almost completely cleared the issue, I still feel like it's hiding something else that is wrong, but at least it has made the system usable.

I wanted to add a further update to this. Thinking I might have a bad CPU, I tried a new replacement and it made no difference, also tried changing the PSU which again made no difference. Next I tried an identical spec replacement TUF Gaming B550-Plus motherboard, this cleared the issue for me, even going back to all the original components. I can now boot cleanly, with Global C-State Control on the default auto and with the memory on the DOCP profile (2 x 8Gb Crucial 3600 C16).

So it seems like I had some kind of fault on the motherboard