2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

AIDA64 confirm USB 2.0 !!!

Do you have any suggestions?

No problem with 3.1 gen 1 front USB ports

yukich
Level 7
Hey asus, will there be any bios update? It seems performance is bit low with the current one compared to some of the older ones. Any news on the new ones? It's been dead since August 😞

Piers
Level 8
This motherboard is, without question, the worst motherboard I have purchased in over 20 years.

Just some of the issues Asus refuses to fix or even acknowledge:

- At stock setting (optimised defaults), the board can ignore AMD's specifications and the CPU's factory voltage (Vmax) and ramp up voltage over specification. This results in the VID sitting at 1.55000V and core delivered being the same. This has been confirmed by The Stilt - most should be familiar with the name.
- The 2.5 gbps Intel I225-V REV_03 (which is meant to be fixed) is not fixed and will either drop connections, not work at all, dissappear from the system altogether, or give the user a massive 10 mbps connection (not a typo). Intel and Asus don't care and deny the problem exists.
- The BIOS has Chinese characters that occasionally appear in the Profiles area.
- There are overclocking options that only apply to Zen 2 enabled for Zen 3 (e.g The Stilt's Fmax tweak)
- Over 50 text strings are missing or not correctly displayed. This means settings are a guessing game.
- Memory support is atrocious. A 4 layer Asrock board that costs half the price can easily accept 4600 MT/s. This board, which is a 6 layer board, has memory traces on the first layer which makes anything over 4000 luck.

I could keep going, but I'm done. If you are considering purchasing any Asus B550 board, I'd strongly advise against it and go with an Asus X570 or another brand. Since Asus won't fix the issues with this board, I'd go with a brand that provides proper technical support to customers.

I have never been more disappointed by a product. Ever.
AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-E (the worst motherboard I've owned in 25 years)
Corsair H150i Pro XT 360mm
32GB Corsair VENGEANGE LPX 3600MHz CL18
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Hybrid w/ 280mm radiator
M.2 WD 1TB SN550 | 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA | 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB | 400TB on a 48-bay Supermicro server
Corsair RM850X
Fractal Meshify 2
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

garito22
Level 7
Hello, someone who have TDZAD432G3600HC18JDC01 can tell me if it work stable in that Motherboard with 5600x, and have that coldboot problem ?

Thanks

garito22 wrote:
Hello, someone who have TDZAD432G3600HC18JDC01 can tell me if it work stable in that Motherboard with 5600x, and have that coldboot problem ?

Thanks

It solved the problem !

Feverdog
Level 7
Hi,

This may be related specifically to Windows 11 and/or NVME, but I've just updated (and then clean installed to keep it fresh) to Windows 11, but also added a 2tb NVME drive at the same time. Mouse and keyboard, seem to be missing the odd click/keystroke, mainly the keystrokes....frustrating trying to go back through messages like this as I type to correct. Not as bad as the early days with the USB dropping problem, but still annoying. On latest bios, didn't notice it before I'd updatedto the latest bios (which was about 2 weeks beforehand I think)

Hi :
After having changed my memory stick and plugged the extra 4 pin cpu power cable on the MotherBoard everething seems to work well.
But recently i've noticed that when using my bluethoot headset with spotify/discord the PC often freezes(some windows can still be closed but task manager seems to not be refreshe, like frozen) and i have to restart my computer.

I'm on Win 10 pro 64 bit and all my drivers are up to date, even the bios is the last available one.

Does someone has the same issue and found a way to solve it ?
Help please

Thanks in advance.
Guillaume

schm0
Level 10
BIOS 2603
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING-ASUS-2603.ZIP

Agesa 1.2.0.6b
Idk why the F one always gets uploaded first but thanks ASUS for the update x)

schm0 wrote:
BIOS 2603
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING-ASUS-2603.ZIP

Agesa 1.2.0.6b
Idk why the F one always gets uploaded first but thanks ASUS for the update x)

Hi buddies,

Has anyone noticed some improvements or something else with this bios revision ???

Grog777 wrote:
Hi buddies,

Has anyone noticed some improvements or something else with this bios revision ???

New bios release today, 2604, not beta this time..
Updated successfully, no problems so far.