new bios 1202
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING BIOS 1202
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

Novarrontus wrote:
any Idea why cpu lost boost and locks core ratio at 38 when I increase bclk ?

Because AMD Ryzen isnt Intel. You might want to do some reading first.

RedSector73 wrote:
Because AMD Ryzen isnt Intel. You might want to do some reading first.

on b450 msi that works perfectly fine from bios, on asus its works only from aisuite from windows, do you even have asus board ?

schm0 wrote:
After getting a new GPU (ASUS) I have a new problem now...

When the GPU is under load, I can hear white noise from my headphones.
Sounds like the coil whine from the GPU is interfering into the sound card.
Strange thing is when the GPU is loaded, moving the mouse changes the white noise.

// edit
Using the front headphone jack fixed this issue.
Also makes sense because the signal is not passing by the GPU.
(going downwards to the header instead of going up to the rear jacks and passing by the GPU)
Also the front panel connectors have better/stronger amplifiers?

//edit2
Hmm...
Seems like the only motherboards with proper soundcard EMI shielding are the crosshair and zenith ones 😐

Hi dude,

Did you try to update all your drivers ?
You may also try different headphone...

Good luck

Hello, does anyone have similar problems with blinking backlights on some devices, basically these are 2 case coolers (Aerocool Edge 14) and a razer charging dock, do you have similar problems, comrades?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IefLfAHG_nCcbPqe6X25Stmebhg2XMa5/view?usp=drivesdk

Someone knows if ASUS Support will send out replacement EMI Shields on request?
Do the EMI shields from a crosshair dark hero fit on a rog strix?

Also got a new ram kit to test...

2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo - Samsung B Die - Dual Rank - 3600Mhz - 16-16-16-36 - 1.35V
It is on the QVL List on the G.Skill site but not on the Asus site. (Asus site has 4x8GB Single Rank listed)
But guess what? It also has cold boot problems 😐
Once booted and re-applied the XMP setting, bootet into windows, doing some stability testing and seems completely fine.

So is this a bios bug?
Some voltage not properly applied at boot? (Where is the ram boot voltage setting?)
Or voltage drop at boot?
On some bios it worked but i can't remember which one it was.
The patch b one? (which was pulled from the site)

Now we have: Corsair, Crucial, G.Skill all with cold boot problems...

//edit
Also the TRFC reading im BIOS seems off?
BIOS shows 312
Zen Timings shows 350ns/630T (the actual trfc value from the xmp profile is 631T)
Setting this manually to 631T shows 350,5556 ns or 631T as expected in ZenTimings.
But where does the 312 come from?

//edit2
And I think that it isn't a voltage problem.
Default voltages are:
Soc: 1.025V
IOD/CCD 0.95
VDDP: 0.9

When setting XMP Profile those get raised too:
Soc: 1.1V
IOD/CCD: 1.05V
VDDP: 0.9

But when I set the XMP Profile and manually set the voltages to the default levels the system seems to be completely stable/fine.

Hello guys,

I have been having constant BSOD/WHEA errors and it has been really frustrating to the point of thinking of changing the MB completely.

Today I read on this reddit thread something and tried it. Worked for me. https://www.reddit.com/r/ryzen/comments/kc3m6f/rog_crosshair_viii_dark_hero_5950x_constant/

Set the infinity fabric manually and disable in the PBO settings the Asus Fmax enchancement. Still using the DOCP profile without a problem.

Will keep testing, but for now it seems stable.

Hope this helps somebody else 🙂

Niktos wrote:
Hello guys,

I have been having constant BSOD/WHEA errors and it has been really frustrating to the point of thinking of changing the MB completely.

Today I read on this reddit thread something and tried it. Worked for me. https://www.reddit.com/r/ryzen/comments/kc3m6f/rog_crosshair_viii_dark_hero_5950x_constant/

Set the infinity fabric manually and disable in the PBO settings the Asus Fmax enchancement. Still using the DOCP profile without a problem.

Will keep testing, but for now it seems stable.

Hope this helps somebody else 🙂

Thanks usefull link

schm0
Level 10
Found some other bug/oddity:
Setting Fmax Enhancer to disabled and PBO to enabled (Scalar Auto) results in:
PBO disabled/motherboard limits not applied but Scalar is set to 7x (which seems to be the default when PBO gets enabled)

And what about the EfficiencyModeEn option?
By enabled this, lower power draw, max boost clock stays longer on maximum possible (hwinfo output)
Well, when running benchmarks it takes slightly longer for max clocks to kick in but overall it seems better?

I've had nothing but problems with my ROG B450-E and no help whatsoever from Asus. This will be the last Asus named board, laptop or accessory I buy. Asus kindly refer you back to the seller for warranty work, but sellers tend to either send it back with a nice £50 charge and say there is nothing wrong with it or purposely damage it and take a photo as proof and only refund half of the cost. Right now I am trying to type with a wireless keyboard plugged into a USB3 and you wouldnt believe how often the keys dont respond, yet the wireless keyboard performs better than the wired!! There is definitely something amiss with the Son thes boards. If I knew before buying I would have totally swerved these expensive door stops altogether.

lzeppelin
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I have performance problem with red 3.2 usb ports (type A) on the back of the b550-e gaming.
This issue concerns any memory usb device... max 40 MB/s writing and reading

If I connect any ssd or fast usb stick on these ports, the performances are terrible, comparable to an usb 2.0.
AIDA64 confirm USB 2.0 speed !!!

Type C 3.1 gen 2 (always in the back panel) sometimes work @ 3.1 gen 2 and sometimies @ 3.1 gen 1 (it is decided on boot) :rolleyes:

While no problem with usb 3.1 gen 1 front USB ports, these always work fine !!!

What may be causing this?

My configuration:

b550-e bios 2423
5950x
rx580
ssd nvme 4.0 on the top m.2 soket
window 11 and last AMD chipset drivers