ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING BIOS 1202
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

Fasty wrote:

I've disabled the fast boot in Windows.

You may enable fast boot in your bios.

But whatever, it's just not easy to understand why my 2 years old laptop (900 € asus laptop - uefi + ssd with dedicated GPU card) as a bios load time of 2.5 seconds while my new fresh killer desktop PC as 3 to 4 time longer bios post time ....

Grog777 wrote:

But whatever, it's just not easy to understand why my 2 years old laptop (900 € asus laptop - uefi + ssd with dedicated GPU card) as a bios load time of 2.5 seconds while my new fresh killer desktop PC as 3 to 4 time longer bios post time ....

You enabled fast boot in Windows(and fast boot in bios)?

Jora1 wrote:
You enabled fast boot in Windows(and fast boot in bios)?

Yes both of them

Grog777 wrote:

It's just the AMD is not so fast on boot..possibly part of still early Agesa. It's been same for all of us, but who cares, we don't turn off PC much anyway.. just put it to sleep and press button. Also it's much faster if you shut down instead of full restart.

yukich wrote:
It's just the AMD is not so fast on boot..possibly part of still early Agesa. It's been same for all of us, but who cares, we don't turn off PC much anyway.. just put it to sleep and press button. Also it's much faster if you shut down instead of full restart.

Ya i agree, but i've had a very bad experience in sleep mode.
In fact during sleep mode, some lines of the pcb of the motherboard are still supplied in electricity to be able to start instantly and suddenly, the motherboard of my old computer did not like it at all and after 6 months, it was just out of order.
So i prefer to no use that mode

"Grog777,i enabled fast boot in windows

Jora1 wrote:
"Grog777,i enabled fast boot in windows

Well done bro !

Jora1 wrote:
1 keyborad, 1 mouse, 2 hdd no raid, 1 usb midi

add:
after restart

I noticed at my place
in the latest bios, I have postcode 9E in Windows, there was (RR or AA)

Much better !

My q-code is on 9E too now (was AA and another q-code as soon as radeon drivers started !)

Fast boot is enable in my BIOS

The scree shot i've post was found on the internet my current Bios POST time is 8.3 sec and was 7.5 sec before bios update...

lzeppelin
Level 7
I still notice lower performance in single core with the latest bios 2423 :mad:

lzeppelin wrote:
I still notice lower performance in single core with the latest bios 2423 :mad:

Hi,

Do you have any bench screenshot ?