ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING BIOS 1202
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

Brichy wrote:
New Official Bios, v2407.
"Support WIN 11 installed or upgraded"

No words about AGESA version , so I assume it is 1.2.0.3 Patch B version?

UEFI shows Patch A for me.
CPU-Z, HWInfo also don't show any AGESA version.

I guess, it is the 2403 version with TPM enabled by default ?

schm0 wrote:
UEFI shows Patch A for me.
CPU-Z, HWInfo also don't show any AGESA version.

I guess, it is the 2403 version with TPM enabled by default ?

Yeah, UEFI checked, patch A....so one month later than 2404 beta version with patch B and still Asus releases a new official Bios, 2407 version, with patch A like the last official release, 2403 version....No coments...

Brichy wrote:
Yeah, UEFI checked, patch A....so one month later than 2404 beta version with patch B and still Asus releases a new official Bios, 2407 version, with patch A like the last official release, 2403 version....No coments...

Too bad there is no real changelog for Agesa.
Patch B seems to bring 5000G APU and Vermeer B2 Stepping support?
And maybe some additional USB fixes...

Brichy wrote:
New Official Bios, v2407.
"Support WIN 11 installed or upgraded"

No words about AGESA version , so I assume it is 1.2.0.3 Patch B version?

I installed bios 2407 last weekend, no problems so far. However I see the v2407 is no more available on the Asus website, does someone know why it was pulled?

Hi,

1/
I'm experimenting "cold start" issue too as many users here.
I've readen on some forums (reddit included) that using QVL RAM sticks can solve this issue.

So i've looked in the list given by asus here : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory

I want to buy theses ones :
Hyper X HX436C17PB3K2/32 2x 16GB 3600 3600 DS SK Hynix 17-19-19-39 1.35 1,2,4
I'll get them in fews days and will tell people here if "cold start" issue is solved or not.

2/
Do some people here know why does bluetooth gone away so often (a cold start solves it but you know about cold start...)

3/
To finish, the most anoying issue i'm experiencing :
System freeze that begin with the current window that is not responding and then with the entire system with only the mouse that can move and then need to reset the PC ?
It can happen twice a day and then nothing during several day, i will say that during 1 month it appeared 7 times.
REV of my M.B. and it is Rev X.0x
I've notice that before it happens, q-code AA was displayed when boot finished, now the displayed q-code is 40 (do not know if it's linked or not)
I've have not changed anything in my bios/winsows settings !

Can someone help/save me please ?
Thank you very much in advance.

Have a good day.
Guillaume

Grog777 wrote:
Hi,

1/
I've readen on some forums (reddit included) that using QVL RAM sticks can solve this issue.

So i've looked in the list given by asus here : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory

The last number we can read here is "1,2,4" and the only other possible value for that column is "1,2".
The column name is "Socket support", the problem is that i do not know what is the right number for my motherboard accordint that "Socket Support", how can i find mine ?
The only think i know it's the REV of my M.B. and it is Rev X.0x

2/
Do some people here know why does bluetooth gone away so often (a cold start solves it but you know about cold start...)

3/
To finish, has someone experienced some screen freeze with only the mouse that can move and then need to reset the PC ?
I've notice that before it happens, q-code AA was displayed when boot finished, now the displayed q-code is 40 (do not know if it's linked or not)

Have a good day.
Guillaume

Hi,
Is someone still experiencing above issues ?
If Yes, please share the solutions/responses

BIG THANKS !

Grog777 wrote:
Hi,

1/

I'll get them in fews days and will tell people here if "cold start" issue is solved or not.

2/

3/
To finish, the most anoying issue i'm experiencing :
System freeze that begin with the current window that is not responding and then with the entire system with only the mouse that can move and then need to reset the PC ?
It can happen twice a day and then nothing during several day, i will say that during 1 month it appeared 7 times.
REV of my M.B. and it is Rev X.0x

Have a good day.
Guillaume

Hi,

BIG THANKS !

Grog777 wrote:
Hi,

BIG THANKS !

A similar story with freezing. 5800 processor, 2x16GB memory sticks G Skill TridentZ F4-3200C16-16GTZN, ssd Samsung SSD 980 PRO 500GB, Sapphire RX 6800 Nitro +, bios 2420. Also shocked by what is happening. If you find something, write me the same, if I find something, I will write it down

mikle64 wrote:
A similar story with freezing. 5800 processor, 2x16GB memory sticks G Skill TridentZ F4-3200C16-16GTZN, ssd Samsung SSD 980 PRO 500GB, Sapphire RX 6800 Nitro +, bios 2420. Also shocked by what is happening. If you find something, write me the same, if I find something, I will write it down

Hi Mikle,

I'm not experiencing freezing since 1 week as soon as i've changed my memory sticks (that are in Asus QVL list) and my GPU and have done another thing that i'm thinking is the real reason cause finally my setup is similar to yours : R5 5600X, RX 6800 FE, SSD 980 PRO 1TB, 2*16 GB RAM HyperX predator 3600Mhz HX436C17PB3K2/32.

So the only thing i'm thinking is the reason of my freezing issue Fix is the fact that i've plugged the additionnal 4pin (CPU) connector from PSU to motherboard just beside the 8pin connector.

Hope it helps, please share your feedback if you plug that connector too !

Have a good day,
Guillaume

Grog777 wrote:
So the only thing i'm thinking is the reason of my freezing issue Fix is the fact that i've plugged the additionnal 4pin (CPU) connector from PSU to motherboard just beside the 8pin connector.

On the money there, the amount unstable systems fixed by this.