Level 9
new bios 1202
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING BIOS 1202
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

This new "stable" bios did not fixed my impossible to boot FCLK 1900 but ok on lower 1866 or higher 2000, but also made my RAM OC that was memtestx86 stable + memtest5 stable become unstable.. 😞

In my case the new bios 2403 has solved the problem. Before that only timings 19-22-22 at 3600mhz did not cause the cold boot issue.

forin wrote:
In my case the new bios 2604 has solved the problem. Before that only timings 19-22-22 at 3600mhz did not cause the cold boot issue.

2604? The last one I can see on the Asus website is the 2404 beta for the b550-e

forin wrote:
In my case the new bios 2403 has solved the problem. Before that only timings 19-22-22 at 3600mhz did not cause the cold boot issue.

I'm Also facing this issue my Rams timing are 18-22-22 but when I enable D.o.C.P I face COld boot Issue but then I set my dram timings to 19-20-20-36 after this my cold boot issue was solved.

rafaynaeem wrote:
I'm Also facing this issue my Rams timing are 18-22-22 but when I enable D.o.C.P I face COld boot Issue but then I set my dram timings to 19-20-20-36 after this my cold boot issue was solved.

Mine micron-e 2x32gb 16-18-18-38 boot fine. I think the current agesa v2 is full of bugs..

Hope next reision fil fix usb for real and memory issues as well...

rafaynaeem wrote:

If this works, can someone help me with my rams? I have these F4-3200C16D-32GTZR

DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V
32GB (2x16GB)

forin
Level 7
Next update:
bios 2403 has NOT solved the problem 😞

I have noticed that the problem with the cold start (after disconnecting from the power supply for the night) occurs when the XMP profile is enabled and the USB keyboard is disconnected. I usually use a Logitech bluetooth keyboard. When I connect the keyboard with a USB cable, the computer starts up fine after disconnecting it for the night. If I disconnect the computer from the power supply for a short time (e.g. for 1 hour), even without a USB keyboard connected, the computer starts normally. When there is no USB keyboard, it shows the following q-codes (Asus B550-E gaming): 14-> 15-> C8-> C2-> 21-> F2-> F9
4 and 8 pin CPU power supply are connected (PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-550 Platinum),
Bios 2403,
RAM: Corsair / CMW16GX4M2C3600C16 ver 4.31 (Samsung B-die), from QVL

I think it's a BIOS or AMD related problem (it is good that bios updates are quite often, so maybe in 3-5 years the problem will be solved).
I've already given up. I will leave it as it is.

The worst part is that Asus tech support doesn't want to help or explain. Compared to Corsair or Seasonic, Asus technical support is the the biggest enemy of an Asus brand owner. So sad

Rocket_Scientis
Level 8
Hello. Do you folks experiencing audio clicks/pops on this motherboard? I have this on my Gaming E but this is not driver or Windows retaled issue because I can clearly hear these random clicks while I'm in BIOS.
And just for report: I have a cold boot problems after powering off PSU and USB 2.0 issues on 2403 too. I can't get rid of USB 2.0 problems even if I set all PCIe in 3.0 mode.

Rocket Scientist wrote:
Hello. Do you folks experiencing audio clicks/pops on this motherboard? I have this on my Gaming E but this is not driver or Windows retaled issue because I can clearly hear these random clicks while I'm in BIOS.
And just for report: I have a cold boot problems after powering off PSU and USB 2.0 issues on 2403 too. I can't get rid of USB 2.0 problems even if I set all PCIe in 3.0 mode.

i don't have clicks / pops.

after starting windows, windows settings panels open for a long time or applications start (chrome etc...). I disabled the "NahimicService" service and it fixed the system freezes. But this does not allow the audio panel to start normally. Now I am using other audio drivers (not asus)
Realtek_Audio_Driver_V6.0.8907.1_WIN10_64-bit, but they don't support ASIO.