new bios 1202
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING BIOS 1202
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

lzeppelin wrote:
I'm still on 1401 release with some workaround for USB issues. I am waiting for a stable release for the USB fix, although the beta versions seem to work fine.

The beta versions did not fix USB issues actually. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/m2wqkf/updated_agesa_coming_for_intermittent_usb/?sort=new

Rockemail wrote:
The beta versions did not fix USB issues actually. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/m2wqkf/updated_agesa_coming_for_intermittent_usb/?sort=new

BIOS version 2006-2401 fixes problems with usb for me, with default BIOS settings

Hello together,

I have been having BSODs very often, and strangely while watching youtube on chrome. While playing any game, there has been no issue. Sometimes I get a "warning" that it will happen with "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION" in chrome and I need to reload the page. Afterwards reloading a couple of time the BSOD is certain. There are sometimes that there is no "warning" and I directly get the BSOD.

I tried 3 bioses 2006, 2201, 2401. It feels that 2006 is more stable, but I just stopped watching youtube as much on my PC :):).

Last BSOD codes from since the last reinstall.
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA x3
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT x1

While reading online most post said it is connected with memory issues, but I swapped to a new momery kit and it is the same. While I am no ruling it out, it seems higly unlikely.
Or some bad driver that was old or corrupt.

I completely reinstalled Windows with all drivers and used driverbooster to update every driver to the latest version.
Still it continued.

Recently I updated through driver booster the USB controller driver and this lead to more frequent BSODs. Installed was a Microsoft driver from 2006 and it updated to a Genesys Logic driver from 2014.
I ran Windows driver verifier and the PC crashed to a BSOD upon startup, and with a restore point reverted the USB controller driver to the Microsoft one.

I really hope it is not the motherboard technically that it just need a more stable bios.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

My system is:
3800XT
ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING
2x G.Skill 3200 C14 16g
6900 XT

I have the same problem with XMP profile - cold boot after disconnecting from electricity. If disconnected for 1-3 hours, it sometimes starts normally. If disconnected overnight - will not start and Q-codes are 0d or IF.
If XMP is disable - there is no problems with cold boot after disconnecting from electricity.
Technical support can not explain what the problem is (mayby CPUs memory controler).
MemTest - no errors AIDA - no errors. No CPU overclocking. The system is stable. I can even set DRAM to 3600Mhz 16-15-15 without any problems.

Has anyone found a cause or solution yet?

For reference my system components are as follows:
CPU: 5600x
CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II
RAM: Corsair / CMW16GX4M2C3600C18 ver 4.31 (Samsung B-die), from QVL
GPU: Asus RX470-4G-gaming
Mobo: Asus Rog Strix B550-E
BIOS: 2006
OS Disk: Corsair MP510 480MB
PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-550 Platinum

forin wrote:
Has anyone found a cause or solution yet?

As far as I am aware, this is an ongoing issue. Hit the reset button until it works is our only work around 😞

forin wrote:
I have the same problem with XMP profile -

i fix cold boot in my XMP-DOCP 3200 increasing timings from cl16 to cl22

Raven41
Level 9
i fix cold boot by yous 4 an 8 pin cpu power can do 14-14-14-34 now

Raven41 wrote:

What do you mean exactly?

Raven41 wrote:

I added the 4-pin connector to my power supply....

just checked it. doesn't work for me.

Raven41 wrote:

LMAO. Man you guys are genius XD

I also have been suffering from this damned cold boot problem. After I read your post, without keeping my expectations high, I tried to plug second 4 pin CPU power connector in to my mobo and to my suprise it fixed the problem 🙂 (Just to be sure that it was not a fluke like in my previous posts, I performed 5 cold boots and pc booted without any issues)

But I am feeling kind of cheated because in the mobo manuel it says its optional to plug second connector in unless performing extreme overclocking and when I asked around online platforms people said 8 pin CPU connector is more than enough to power a stock 5900x, well it is certaily enough after PC is booted 😄

TLDR: If you have enough cables and psu socket its better to connect second 4 pin CPU power connector