2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility
322 REPLIES 322

schm0
Level 10
ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING BIOS 2201
- Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.2
- Fix USB connectivity issue

No changelog online for E but I guess its the same.

E:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-STRIX-B550-E-GAMING-ASUS-2201.ZIP
F:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-STRIX-B550-F-GAMING-ASUS-2201.ZIP

Just dropped in, in order to report that all the problems I had previously are finally fixed with new bios version 2201.

The problems that I had experienced before as follows:
-Cold Boot issue when I use my ram kits with DOCP settings
-USB 2.0 port issue and random disconnects (it was fixed with previos bios version 2006, before 2006 I had to disable globel c-state not to have usb issues)
-sometimes I was getting BSOD error during file transfers with my external HDD with bitlocker protection (Strangely when I turned off bitlocker it worked fine)
-In bios mouse was lagging and staggering, with latest bios its moving smoothly
-My cpu temps were too high in bios (up to 60 celsius while its like 32-33 on windows desktop idle) now its like 45-50 degree celsius on bios with same fan settings.

I don't have any PCI-E gen 4 device on my system, so I don't know if it will fix the infamous PCI-E gen 4 problem which people talk about.

For reference my system components are as follows:
CPU: 5900x
CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II
RAM: 2x G.Skill F4-3600C16-16GTZR (Samsung B-die)
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio X
Mobo: Asus Rog Strix B550-E
OS Disk: Samsung Evo 970 512GB NVMe
PSU: Corsair HX1200

Edit: It appears that Cold boot issue is still happening, but now I can sometimes boot during cold boots without any issue. In older bios versions never ever happened to me with these ram kits, so since it cold booted ok by luck I thought It was fixed. I was wrong. Sorry for giving false hope 😞

After just spotting this 2201 update, took it from 2006.

No joy still with my QVL listed ram at DOCP 3600mhz :mad: Still blacking out then BSOD on the login screen.....so still stuck at 3600timings but 3200 speed 😞

Also had to unplug my keyboard and reconnect it a couple of times on each first boot for some reason after changing the bios as not detected. After reverting ram back to speed and a full power cycle the keyboard has retained power this time so hopefully a one off else I'll have to downgrade back to 2006

I'm still experiencing cold boot failure when DOCP is enabled even with BIOS version 2201. I'm starting to doubt that this will ever be fixed. :mad:

V-Driver wrote:
I'm still experiencing cold boot failure when DOCP is enabled even with BIOS version 2201. I'm starting to doubt that this will ever be fixed. :mad:

Yeah after checking a few times later, I found that issue still happens for me as well. Sorry for the false alarm -.-

But now sometimes it boots with DOCP profile without any issue at cold boot. On older bios versions it never happened, I always had to power-off/power-on on cold boots, so its definetly an improvement for me.

Other than this irritating cold boot problem, others that I listed before are fixed for me, at least they did not happen during intensive use/gaming at the last 3 days.

Sry for my English, I used a translator, my native language is Russian.

i fix cold boot in my XMP-DOCP 3200 increasing timings from cl16 to cl22

my ram HyperX HX432C16FB3AK2/32 2x16 DDR4-3200 CL16 SDRAM
very strange, my kit should work on xmp 3200, but I get "WHEA" errors in windows logs and problem cold boot. If I raise the frequency to 3600 and the voltage from 1.35 to 1.37 and increase the timings to 22 19 19 19 37, then everything works fine for me, and there are no problems with a cold boot.

cpu:5900
mobo: Asus Rog Strix B550-E gaming
mobo bios: 2201
gpu:1060 gen3
ssd:samsung 980 pro 512
ram: HyperX HX432C16FB3AK2/32 KHX3200C16D4/16GX x2

Jora1 wrote:
i fix cold boot in my XMP-DOCP 3200 increasing timings from cl16 to cl22
<...>
cpu:5900
mobo: Asus Rog Strix B550-E gaming
mobo bios: 2201
ram: HyperX HX432C16FB3AK2/32 KHX3200C16D4/16GX x2

I have Kingston RAM too (but it's a 4x8GB kit) and the same CPU, and I had experienced random reboots with WHEA errors as well, but I've managed to fix them by raising VDDCR SOC voltage to 1.025V (it was at 1.0V by default). Unfortunately, that doesn't help with the cold boot issue. Reducing RAM clock speed or loosening the timings fixes everything, but this seems like too much of a compromise for me as I don't unplug my PC ftom the wall that often anyway, and the cold boot issue doesn't affect stability once it's booted at all. It's annoying to have to reset the PC 4 times after a power outage though.

I tried to start the computer with one RAM bar, and everything was fine with a cold start. I tried to change the cpu on 3900x and everything starts up with two RAM bars (

it turned out to run without "whea-logger" at 3200 by writing:

VDDCR SOC Voltage: 1.075v
VDDG CCD Voltage Control: 0.95V
VDDG IOD Voltage Control: 1.050V
CLDO VDDP Voltage: 0.900v

This thread has been eerily quiet for a few months now. That seems to be a good sign for this motherboard. I saw a bios update from a few days ago with new AGESA and was looking to see if anyone had tried it.

lzeppelin
Level 7
I'm still on 1401 release with some workaround for USB issues. I am waiting for a stable release for the USB fix, although the beta versions seem to work fine.