cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII USB Disconnecting Issues

Monyo
Level 7
I badly need help please, I have installed multiple Bios to fix my USB connectivity issues and some crackling noise using DAC/AMP combo. Tried using USB log view to determine which device but not capturing anything, Did all the troubleshooting imaginable

My device is CROSSHAIR 8 HERO 5800X
12,427 Views
22 REPLIES 22

einsindrei
Level 10
I facing similar Issue, but only when i connected the USB Intern Port USB1213. Using a Dark Hero

RedSector73
Level 12
Update to the latest BIOS. Recent AGESA updates have been aimed at this type of issue.

Download and install the latest chipset drivers
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

einsindrei
Level 10
@redsector73 in my case, I'm on latest bits 3702 and latest chipset drivers

einsindrei wrote:
@redsector73 in my case, I'm on latest bits 3702 and latest chipset drivers


Can you explain your specific issue and see if anything rings a bell you can try. 3702 is beta or has it dropped recently, seen it posted somewhere but only played 3601 thus far ?

This post might hold some info for you
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112382-Crosshair-VIII-Hero-USB-2-0-question

Escorpiom
Level 9
I'm afraid that the USB can't be solved by means of AGESA.
This is most likely a hardware issue.
The last few AGESA released should have resolved the issue already, but judging by posts from users, many still have issues.

Cheers.

DarkPhantom
Level 7
I'm about to take a hammer to my $500 dark hero mobo...ridiculous to have to buy a $20 USB card to fix the issue.

Monyo
Level 7
As of this writing my USB keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting, device manager just flashing not really telling me which specific USB, reconnected to different ports, used USB log view not showing anything. Tried all the BIOS and same thing, this is crazy. Did the GEN4 to GEN3 config and still the same.

Monyo wrote:
As of this writing my USB keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting, device manager just flashing not really telling me which specific USB, reconnected to different ports, used USB log view not showing anything. Tried all the BIOS and same thing, this is crazy. Did the GEN4 to GEN3 config and still the same.


Hi,
did you try to force your pciex to 3.0 for your graphic card?
I'm stuck with my old RX480 becouse of crazy street prices... so maybe that's a pciex 4.0 problem.

DrSlump76 wrote:
Hi,
did you try to force your pciex to 3.0 for your graphic card?
I'm stuck with my old RX480 becouse of crazy street prices... so maybe that's a pciex 4.0 problem.


I did and still the same issue, and its crazy that we have to go down to Gen3 when we bought this stuff to use Gen4, also used the latest 3702 Bios