cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII USB Disconnecting Issues

Monyo
Level 7
I badly need help please, I have installed multiple Bios to fix my USB connectivity issues and some crackling noise using DAC/AMP combo. Tried using USB log view to determine which device but not capturing anything, Did all the troubleshooting imaginable

My device is CROSSHAIR 8 HERO 5800X
22 REPLIES 22

Just wanted to give you an update on my situation. The USB disconnects in my machine had meanwhile come back and became even more critical. Also compared to how strong they were in the beginning. And in addition after a while also my graphics adapter created black and blue-screens regularly and always directly after I heard that typical Windows sound when a USB device disconnected.

Sometimes I had to restart my PC ten times before it ran stable at least for some hours (and only by hard resetting it). Benchmarks were all fine. I stress-tested the CPU and the RAM. Ran PC-Mark, 3D-Mark, Furmark and all of that w/o problems (but of course each time only after I got the machine running properly).

I updated all drivers, the boards firmware, etc., even the firmware of my monitor. Nothing helped. In the end I decided to replace the board and ordered an EVGA X570 FTW which arrived last week. Over the weekend I did an "open heart" surgery on my PC, replacing the motherboard. And voilÃ*, now it runs as smoothly as you'd expect it to be. Will now get in contact with the retailer in order to find out what to do with the Dark Hero board. It should still be in the warranty period.

I always trusted Asus as a premium brand. I don't know what they were thinking releasing such a crappy product. I have many other hardware components from Asus that all work fine. But this was a great disappointment.

babelfish wrote:
Just wanted to give you an update on my situation. The USB disconnects in my machine had meanwhile come back and became even more critical. Also compared to how strong they were in the beginning. And in addition after a while also my graphics adapter created black and blue-screens regularly and always directly after I heard that typical Windows sound when a USB device disconnected.

Sometimes I had to restart my PC ten times before it ran stable at least for some hours (and only by hard resetting it). Benchmarks were all fine. I stress-tested the CPU and the RAM. Ran PC-Mark, 3D-Mark, Furmark and all of that w/o problems (but of course each time only after I got the machine running properly).

I updated all drivers, the boards firmware, etc., even the firmware of my monitor. Nothing helped. In the end I decided to replace the board and ordered an EVGA X570 FTW which arrived last week. Over the weekend I did an "open heart" surgery on my PC, replacing the motherboard. And voilÃ*, now it runs as smoothly as you'd expect it to be. Will now get in contact with the retailer in order to find out what to do with the Dark Hero board. It should still be in the warranty period.

I always trusted Asus as a premium brand. I don't know what they were thinking releasing such a crappy product. I have many other hardware components from Asus that all work fine. But this was a great disappointment.

I'm happy you solved, and at the same time it's sad to read that 1 (probably) defective product can crack your trust in a brand.
I know it's personal opinion I'm talking about here, but as you said, many products => no issues, 1 product=> issues... that's not enough for me.

Hope you'll enjoy your EVGA mobo!

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

TBH ... currently it's just this one product, yeah. But in the past I had issues with other pieces of hardware from Asus as well. I owned one of the Lamborghini branded notebooks from Asus in the early 2000's and later a high end nVidia graphics card that caused many problems due to design flaws to give just two examples. And it seems it's always the more expensive products from Asus that fail to deliver.

Basically, you can say that I was put off by Asus at times. Then, after good reviews, sometime later I came back as a customer and didn't regret it for a while. Until then at some point a new problem with a piece of hardware occurred and one just couldn't understand how it happened and why Asus reacted so badly to it.