cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI unable to boot into windows

irepublicofgame
Level 7
Hi updated to latest bios on this motherboard. Installed Windows 10 but for some reason it's always booting into bios and never automatically into windows. The only thread I found that might shed some light on this issue is here : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106447-PC-only-boots-to-BIOS-first-have-to-manually-boot-W.... Apparently it's an issue linked to a CPU Fan error message and plugging a VRM fan to the CPU_Fan header solved the issue.
Now, I'm also getting this error. This is my setup :
MOBO: ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI
CPU : AMD RYZEN 9 3950X
GPU : AMD SAPPHIRE RADEON VII
RAM: 32Gb G.SKILL TRIDENTZ 3200MHZ
FANS: 3 BEQUIET! SILENTWINGS 3 120MM HIGH-SPEED PWM
3 NOCTUA NF-A14 140MM PWM CHROMAX BLACK
FAN HUB: THERMALTAKE COMMANDER FP 10 PORT HUB FOR PWM FANS
Now in order to make sure I'm not having any Amp issues hooking up 6 fans to the mobo, I plugged all these 6 into a THERMALTAKE COMMANDER FP which I hooked up into the H_AMP fan connector.
I modded the GPU by putting 2 extra BEQUIET! SILENTWINGS 3 120MM HIGH-SPEED PWM thru a Gelid CA-PWM-02 (PWM Fan Adaptor for VGA Cooler Fan), but those are independent from the fan headers from the mobo.
Now with this setup I always get the CPU Fan error msg and I'm always booting up into bios. Is there some sort of incompatibility between Windows 10 and the H_AMP fan connector ?
If so, how can I solve the problem?
4 REPLIES 4

criznittle
Level 8
I'm guessing this issue isn't as easy as simply turning off CPU fan monitoring in the BIOS.

Which CPU cooler are you using by the way? I don't see it in your specs list

yea forgot the CPU cooler :
ZALMAN CNPS20X

I could start by turning of CPU_FAN monitoring in the Bios. How do i do that?

irepublicofgamers wrote:
yea forgot the CPU cooler :
ZALMAN CNPS20X

I could start by turning of CPU_FAN monitoring in the Bios. How do i do that?

Tab over to the Monitoring tab, you'll find this in the list of sensors. Set to ignore.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

thx!