cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) - BIOS 4402 - Black Screen on monitor standby

meerkat154
Level 7
Upgraded ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) to BIOS 4402 and "randomly" when monitor goes into stand by I cannot recover my session with mouse or keyboard. Requires a system reset for display to return. Using ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC with AMD 5950x. BIOS is mostly on default - no OC.

Rolled back to BIOS 4006 and no longer an issue when monitor goes into stand-by. ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC is also on latest BIOS.
Anyone else see this issue?
Thanks,
Kat
2 REPLIES 2

meerkat154
Level 7
Short update: Thought it was the MB BIOS 4402 as the issue seemed to resolve after rolling back to 4006 BIOS. Low and behold - last night it occurred twice. Now suspect it's the ZOTAC RTX 4090 and I've opened a ticket with ZOTAC for possible RMA or other suggestions.

In reading several posts on other forums seems the NVIDIA 4x series is/are prone to this sort of issue and not ZOTAC spectific.
Thanks,
Kim

sumsum
Level 7
meerkat154 wrote:

In reading several posts on other forums seems the NVIDIA 4x series is/are prone to this sort of issue and not ZOTAC spectific.

Kim

I assume it's a driver issue, since this is happening here as well. I'm having two Monitors attached to a ASUS Rog Strix 3080. from time to time one monitor stays black after coming back from standby.