cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CrossHair VIII Formula bios 3501, the longest BETA BIOS in Asus history?

Baio73
Level 8
Just as the title...

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100
19 REPLIES 19

Ye gods! We're coming up on another month with this same beta being the last thing released. By now, they ought to know whether the beta is bad and they should have released a new beta, or the beta is good and they should have released a final version.

Escorpiom
Level 9
More or less the same, not that I'm having USB issues, but hoping for better Samsung C-die support. With 4 sticks it just doesn't run at rated speed.

i wonder if they're just satisfied with the beta and leaving it. i've been checking every day for the stable final version

Starrbuck
Level 9
Seven weeks? Yeah, wow, that's so long.

This and we don't even have a patch for the 1.2.0.3 Patch A AGESA. I guess our board is no longer supported. 😞

Larz1695 wrote:
This and we don't even have a patch for the 1.2.0.3 Patch A AGESA. I guess our board is no longer supported. 😞

It's already there

sc32valve
Level 7
Baio73 wrote:
Just as the title...

Baio

I've been running 3601 STABLE for over a week now. Just click the download links in the other post. They mention it as Beta, but it is a release BIOS, 3601. Works like a charm, getting boosts above 5Ghz or all-core OC at 4.5Ghz with a 5950X.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
A Bios for a different Asus motherboard last year might have cooked the CPU of myself and at least one other who posted on this forum. This is probably a stretch but maybe they are actually verifying the safety of this one thoroughly. Yeah, right, lol. But at least we can hope, right?! Software is far from being an Asus strongpoint, anyhow.

I haven't done a whole lot with the new BIOS 3601, but I did try a Cinebench run and my CPU stayed 5-10c below normal while maintaining the same score as before.
I'm not sure how it's doing this, but it's impressive if it wasn't a fluke.

criznittle wrote:
I haven't done a whole lot with the new BIOS 3601, but I did try a Cinebench run and my CPU stayed 5-10c below normal while maintaining the same score as before.
I'm not sure how it's doing this, but it's impressive if it wasn't a fluke.

I'm thinking it's not a fluke. I just got my C8H about a week before 3601 was available so didn't run 3501 very long, but my temps went down 5-10C like you're saying and I was able to reach 4.5Ghz all-core OC (@1.289Vcore) stable with 3601 which I wasn't able to before. With stock settings, it was also boosting my 5950X to 5025MHz which was pretty sweet also. I've been on 3601 for over two weeks now and it has been rock solid stable. I'm starting to believe the Asian posters that this is indeed a STABLE release and not a BETA. Either way, no complaints.