Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crosshair VIII Bios 3601 AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch

einsindrei
Level 10
46 REPLIES 46

criznittle wrote:
How's everyone liking 3601 on Crosshair Hero VIII? I'm getting impressive 100% load temps.

I've no issue with temps at all. Only issue I'm having (since launch) is with 4 sticks dual rank that don't run at specified speeds.
That has still not been resolved.
Make sure you don't load a previous profile from an older UEFI.
They are not compatible.

Cheers.

I mean to say that my temperatures were 5-10c lower than usual while maintaining the same score on Cinebench

criznittle wrote:
I mean to say that my temperatures were 5-10c lower than usual while maintaining the same score on Cinebench

Might be the worst release ever. In my case, despite a 1.35V target voltage for RAM for DOCP/XMP, this bios keeps voltage around 1.22V making it impossible to get the board to post if you enable DOCP as there is not the voltage there to allow for a successful post. Quite surprised this got through testing.

Daylight_Invader wrote:
Might be the worst release ever. In my case, despite a 1.35V target voltage for RAM for DOCP/XMP, this bios keeps voltage around 1.22V making it impossible to get the board to post if you enable DOCP as there is not the voltage there to allow for a successful post. Quite surprised this got through testing.

I haven't tinkered with it much, but DOCP worked immediately for me with its default settings. I wonder what's going on with your board... have you tried using different memory?

criznittle wrote:
I haven't tinkered with it much, but DOCP worked immediately for me with its default settings. I wonder what's going on with your board... have you tried using different memory?

the memory is not the issue. It’s the voltage this board sets with my memory. Never had any problems except with this BIOS build.

Daylight_Invader wrote:

You can't load a profile from older BIOS with 3601 (at least mine become corrupted in RAM settings when I tried).

If you have 4xRAM may have to use manual SOC voltage setting 1.05, 1.1, 1.15v to get DOCP running (or at least I did 1.1v, been a while since needed to do this, last several BIOS have all worked without manual SOC voltages).

Anyway, 3601 appears like another stable BIOS to me, no real dramas worth mentioning.

Hope you find this helpful.

RedSector73 wrote:
You can't load a profile from older BIOS with 3601 (at least mine become corrupted in RAM settings when I tried).

If you have 4xRAM may have to use manual SOC voltage setting 1.05, 1.1, 1.15v to get DOCP running (or at least I did 1.1v, been a while since needed to do this, last several BIOS have all worked without manual SOC voltages).

Anyway, 3601 appears like another stable BIOS to me, no real dramas worth mentioning.

Hope you find this helpful.

I don’t think I’ve ever suggested I’ve loaded an old profile - in fact just to confirm for all reading this, I have not. I do go through the slow process of setting everything up from scratch.

In respect to raising the SOC voltage, that’s a little silly when the only voltage causing issues is the DRAM voltage. It seems stupid to have to raise something on the CPU side to solve an issue on the DRAM side. Also of course raising voltage will provide stability, but at what cost?!

ASUS really need to lift their game here. Clearly a value is being read from the DRAM and a voltage is not being set correctly with no way to actually override (manual overrides are not working in my case).

With that in mind, I’m actually more keen to discover if 3601 ever solved the broken power profiles stopping PCs from entering sleep mode.Â*

RedSector73 wrote:

[CUT]

I have save BIOS profiles in 3601 beta and then upgraded to 3602, loaded profiles and works smooth.
Only issue is TCPU has increased noticeably, +4-5 degrees in idle but maybe it's just summer coming in.

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

I'm not sure when it happened, but I just noticed that in 3601 that bifurcation is now also supported on the first PCIe slot! I'm happy!

A question, if I use all x16 lanes in PCIe slot 1, but don't use M2.1 and hence have x4 remaining lanes, can those unused x4 lanes be routed to PCIe slot 2?

RedSector73
Level 12
Daylight_Invader wrote:
I don’t think I’ve ever suggested I’ve loaded an old profile - in fact just to confirm for all reading this, I have not. I do go through the slow process of setting everything up from scratch.

In respect to raising the SOC voltage, that’s a little silly when the only voltage causing issues is the DRAM voltage. It seems stupid to have to raise something on the CPU side to solve an issue on the DRAM side. Also of course raising voltage will provide stability, but at what cost?!

ASUS really need to lift their game here. Clearly a value is being read from the DRAM and a voltage is not being set correctly with no way to actually override (manual overrides are not working in my case).

With that in mind, I’m actually more keen to discover if 3601 ever solved the broken power profiles stopping PCs from entering sleep mode.Â*

I was simply sharing what I know about 3601, clearly you have trouble reading that and going hmm does not apply without becoming hostile.

DOCP reads voltage required from the RAM and the primary timings, thats all. You can manually set them yourself if you know what your doing hardly an issue really unless of course you dont have these skills to use a BIOS ?

SOC voltage given is still well within normal operating ranges, not even considered raised voltage for SOC, your proving you dont know much but that was kinda a given from your posts.

I own five ryzen systems, that all work flawlessly .... and there is list to add you to here, which has been done. enjoy.