FloridaPanthers
Level 7
PNY GeForce 1060 GTX 6GB GPU
Ryzen 7 2700X CPU
GSkill DDR4 3200 RAM
Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
BIOS Version - 5220 x64

Hello,
A few weeks ago I purchased a ROG Strix X470 Gaming MoBo.

Since then I occasionally have a difficult time booting. I can boot into SAFE mode but not regular mode.
Most of the time (80%) it boots normally. But occasionally it starts into windows then quits....(screen goes blank and no more response)

ODD thing is that as it's posting BIOS and I see the message at the bottom of the screen that says to press F2 or Delete to Boot into EUFI BIOS (or whaterver) the lettering on screen is very BLURRY. And then when I get into BIOS, it's also blurry and hard to read. Its as if the video information being sent to the monitor is extremely low resolution....regardless of the GPU installed. Then, later it will start working again...rinse repeat.

The other problem is that I can't get the system to boot when I install a CD ROM drive. I've tried 3 different ones all with the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

FloridaPanthers
Level 7
I still have time to return it so maybe no answer is THE answer.
Back it goes.

Thanks

chevy350
Level 10
You gave a user based forum a whole 24 hours to reply lol, sorry you could not wait. I'm sure most responses you would get would be to clear CMOS, re-flash recent BIOS, boot, load defaults and see what it goes from there. Then if still persists would go to what display connection and try another cable and so on and so forth. Best of luck with whichever board you replace it with and hopefully you have a little more patience in other user based forums as we generally do try to help other find solutions to issues they're having.
AMD 2700X, Asus ROG Strix X470-F, G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 (16gbx2), XFX RX 580, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic 860W, OCZ RD400, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb, Intel 520 120Gb SSD

chevy350 wrote:
You gave a user based forum a whole 24 hours to reply lol, sorry you could not wait. I'm sure most responses you would get would be to clear CMOS, re-flash recent BIOS, boot, load defaults and see what it goes from there. Then if still persists would go to what display connection and try another cable and so on and so forth. Best of luck with whichever board you replace it with and hopefully you have a little more patience in other user based forums as we generally do try to help other find solutions to issues they're having.

The return window for the MB closed on the 9th. Didn't know I had this issue until a day or two before, glad I found it.

I had very little choice and had to make a decision in case no one replied ( which happens)

Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully the replacement board will not have any issues.

Amazon quickly sent a replacement board. I installed it today.

So Far So Good

FINALLY, the machine will boot with a CD / DVD RW drive connected. (Had never been able to boot up before with one connected)

The other MOBO had issues booting up which progressively got worse until yesterday I could no longer get it to boot up.. Since new I had had mysterious occasional problems such as booting irregularities and components not working.

I ran MicroSoft Flight Simulator 10 FSX for about 1/2 hour to put the CPU and Mobo through some stress testing and no issues so far.

It is my conclusion therefore that the original Mobo had issues. Thankfully I had ordered it through Amazon and even better, I initiated a return on the very last day of the return window.

Hopefully I can enjoy my ROG MB in peace and happiness now.