cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBG Lights turn on, Motherboard does not

whynotryzen
Level 7
I just finished my Ryzen build and not only does my CH6 not boot, it doesn't do anything. No post, no power, no fans, no boot, nothing. The CPU_READY LED is green, the various RGB colors are changing, but no matter what I can't get the power to turn on. I've tested damn near everything (reseat CPU, breadboarding, reseat RAM, reseat GPU, reconnect power, etc) and nothing seems to work. Does this sound like a dead motherboard?
27 REPLIES 27

Mosquitox
Level 7
For what I've been reading for several days, you're not alone. Probably (and I hope) its just only problems with the bios.
I hope an update fixes it 😞

It's 99% bricked. You should have a look at this thread. There seems to be a huge problem with the C6H.

Edit: You can try the USB flashback, but it probably won't work. My C6H shows the same symptoms, and it's 100% bricked.

Edit2: Does anyone know if Asus offers direct RMA service for the C6H in Europe (Germany)? They don't do it for all boards, and the RMA page currently does not accept the serial.

As BoMbY said, the board is 99% bricked. Same symptoms as many others, including mine.

elmor
Level 10
I don't think it's bricked because it's never been powered on. Rather this sounds like a cooler mounting issue like the EK problem. Try starting the board without the cooler mounted/tightened and just sitting on top of the CPU, it's fine for a few seconds just checking if your board will power on.

Hello,

I have the same problem, but it started to initialize and show the q-code 8 but nothing more. It started the initializing after i loosened the thumbscrews of my ek supremecy evo.

Has anyone from Asus talked about future updates?

elmor wrote:
I don't think it's bricked because it's never been powered on. Rather this sounds like a cooler mounting issue like the EK problem. Try starting the board without the cooler mounted/tightened and just sitting on top of the CPU, it's fine for a few seconds just checking if your board will power on.

Hey elmor,

Thanks very much for the reply. I do have an EKWB setup, you are right. However, in my breadboarding I also tried NO heatsink/cooler at all to see if it would do *anything*, which it did not.
Also by the 24 pin on the CH6 there's the voltage measurement points, I forget what the Asus name for that is... Probelt. Other than the first point all of them have 0 voltage going through them, which leads me to believe it has some major short circuit going on. I also checked the PSU with the multimeter and it's all perfect.

What is the EK problem officially? And what is the solution?

whynotryzen wrote:
Thanks very much for the reply. I do have an EKWB setup, you are right. However, in my breadboarding I also tried NO heatsink/cooler at all to see if it would do *anything*, which it did not.

The important part is the backplate, not the cooler.

For EK Supremacy water blocks, remove the inner rubber part (which you don't use for socket 115x either) and only loosely tighten the thumbscrews until you feel slight resistance, don't tighten them up more.

Kobura wrote:
The important part is the backplate, not the cooler.

For EK Supremacy water blocks, remove the inner rubber part (which you don't use for socket 115x either) and only loosely tighten the thumbscrews until you feel slight resistance, don't tighten them up more.

The rubber gasket that goes between the backplate and the motherboard? Won't that short everything out?

The manual shows that the gasket is always installed, including for the 115x socket.