cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAID setup on Crosshair VI hero

Delboy
Level 7
Hi,
any with solving this perplexing problem would be greatly appreciated.

I build a new rig using the below specs -
AMD Ryzen 1800X
Crosshair VI Hero
Thermaltake Frio cooler
Thermatake Toughpoer XT 875w psu
Corsair 16gb 3200Mhz
Samsung 960 Evo M.2 250gb
Toshiba P300 x 2 (2TB each)
1 x WD Caviar Black 650gb
1 x Toshiba Green (1TB)
1 x Crucial BX100 250gb
Winndows 10 64bit

I cant seem to figure out what is the correct RAID driver or drivers to use when clean installing WIndows 10.

More importantly, I do not know what RAID drivers I am supposed to install so that I can install and use the proprietary 'ASUS RAID setup facility' just like in the pictures inside the Crosshair VI Hero User Guide at Chapter 3, 3.10 where it shows pictures for 'Creating RAID'. No matter what i do i just cant get this 'utility' to show up in the BIOS.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong but any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

sinistr0311
Level 7
I am in the same boat.. *I have an nvme drive for my os and 4 ssd’s I want to raid. *2 Samsung in raid 0 and 2 crucial in raid 0. *If I find a solution I’ll let you know, I just wanted to reply here so if anyone answers you.

sinistr0311 wrote:
I am in the same boat.. *I have an nvme drive for my os and 4 ssd’s I want to raid. *2 Samsung in raid 0 and 2 crucial in raid 0. *If I find a solution I’ll let you know, I just wanted to reply here so if anyone answers you.

Wow nobody answered you guys? I am having the same issue....

The raid driver is listed under the CH6 support page at the bottom.

SaLSouL
Level 10
you need to look for the driver that has the word {STORPORT] when installing windows> load the drivers from the USB make sure to unzip them to your USB, navigate the the folder AMD-RAID\AMD-Chipset-Drivers\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\RAID_BR (or RAID_NvME) whiever is applicable to you > let windows find the driver it will be STORPORT for sata raid for NvME I think its RAID_Bottom that you want to choose, windows will then find your raid setup and off you go installing.

Good Luck

p.s latest chipset and raid drivert available here. dont use the MB page one, use this latest one
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064