cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R7 2700X/Crosshair VII Hero WIFI Problem

WilVidz
Level 7
I'm really having a rough start on my new build.This is my first AMD build and I really could use the help. LOL

I am not able to get anything on my monitor when I hit the start or power button.So I can't even see or use UEFI/BIOS.
I am getting Q-Codes d6 and then 0d about 2-3 secs later, it also seems that it just hangs on 0d with both the white(VGA) and green(BOOT) LEDs lit up right under. Also sometimes it would reboot and do the same process and hang on Q-Code AE with only the white(VGA) LED lit up.

Things I have done/tried.....

Tried BIOS Versions 0207,0401,0509 and 0601 using USB Flashback with a FAT32 USB 2.0 Flash drive.
cleared CMOS many times with different BIOS.
I tried single, dual and quad dimms. single using slot A2, dual using slots B2 and A2 and lastly using all dimm slots.
Reseating many times.
Tried moving my gpu to different PCIeX slots. Unplugging and replugging the power connectors on PSU and GPU sides. Also swapping and even used different cables.
I even tried using all ports on the GPU(DVI and HDMI). I have not tried the Display port because my monitor doesn't have one.
Tried a different GPU(Same type, because my old build was SLi)
Tested out and moved both GPU's back to my old build and both work with no problems.
I even have tried 2 different monitors.

I just put in an order for a Asus ROG Strix RX580 just to see if this would work. If not i'll be giving it to my wife for her computer.

Here is my parts list.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Asus Crosshair 7 Hero WIFI
G.Skill Trident Z 3200mhz (4x 8gb)
Nvidia GTX780 (Waiting for new GPU's to be released, Then I will upgrade. Kind of wanting to move to AMD for freesync/2.)
Elgato HD60 Pro (never installed yet, still in box.)
Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
WD Black 4TB HDD (never installed yet, still in box.)
NZXT Kraken X72 AIO
Corsair AX860i
Corsair LL120 Fans
Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard
Corsair Glaive Mouse
Acer GN246HL (no Freesync or G-sync)

Thanks in advanced for the time and help guys/gals.
3 REPLIES 3

Ragnarokkr
Level 7
How did you fix this/get past this? You were having the same exact issues I am with the same exact build just about. Same board, ram, CPU, and even gpu (780 still waiting on new cards)

Any insight would be awesome, I am beyond frustrated after spending 10 hours trouble shooting this.

WilVidz wrote:
I'm really having a rough start on my new build.This is my first AMD build and I really could use the help. LOL

I am not able to get anything on my monitor when I hit the start or power button.So I can't even see or use UEFI/BIOS.
I am getting Q-Codes d6 and then 0d about 2-3 secs later, it also seems that it just hangs on 0d with both the white(VGA) and green(BOOT) LEDs lit up right under. Also sometimes it would reboot and do the same process and hang on Q-Code AE with only the white(VGA) LED lit up.

Things I have done/tried.....

Tried BIOS Versions 0207,0401,0509 and 0601 using USB Flashback with a FAT32 USB 2.0 Flash drive.
cleared CMOS many times with different BIOS.
I tried single, dual and quad dimms. single using slot A2, dual using slots B2 and A2 and lastly using all dimm slots.
Reseating many times.
Tried moving my gpu to different PCIeX slots. Unplugging and replugging the power connectors on PSU and GPU sides. Also swapping and even used different cables.
I even tried using all ports on the GPU(DVI and HDMI). I have not tried the Display port because my monitor doesn't have one.
Tried a different GPU(Same type, because my old build was SLi)
Tested out and moved both GPU's back to my old build and both work with no problems.
I even have tried 2 different monitors.

I just put in an order for a Asus ROG Strix RX580 just to see if this would work. If not i'll be giving it to my wife for her computer.

Here is my parts list.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Asus Crosshair 7 Hero WIFI
G.Skill Trident Z 3200mhz (4x 8gb)
Nvidia GTX780 (Waiting for new GPU's to be released, Then I will upgrade. Kind of wanting to move to AMD for freesync/2.)
Elgato HD60 Pro (never installed yet, still in box.)
Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
WD Black 4TB HDD (never installed yet, still in box.)
NZXT Kraken X72 AIO
Corsair AX860i
Corsair LL120 Fans
Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard
Corsair Glaive Mouse
Acer GN246HL (no Freesync or G-sync)

Thanks in advanced for the time and help guys/gals.

I think I'm going to jump into this thread as well.

I have the exact same problem but with the ROG STRIX X470-F motherboard, it reports a VGA issue (white LED stays lit, this board doesn't have error codes only LEDs). Seems to only take issue with my GTX 780 (again, waiting on new cards...)
I've spent a while on this fruitlessly as well, the board works fine with an older GTX 560Ti I had, even having both cards installed the board's BIOS settings don't show the 780 in the "GPU POST" view in the "Tool" menu.
I can swap the card back into my old mobo and it works 100%.

I already put in a service ticket which was elevated to "second level support" over 2 weeks ago and I've not heard anything since.
Not too pleased with this.

My Specs:
AMD Ryzen 2700X CPU
ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING (BIOS 4011, tried 4008 & 0225)
G.Skill Trident Z (F4-3200C14D-16GTZR) 16GB (2x8GB)
EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 SC ACX (tried multiple BIOS's)
Corsair HX750i PSU

From the little I can gather from searching the web again... Seems GTX 780 specifically (maybe 700 series?) is having the issue of not being recognized. Some others are saying it's the Ryzen 2600/2700x from what I've found, not the motherboard.

As far as I can tell, there does not seem to be a fix and AMD is not replying to the problem.

I'm not sure where to go here.. other than getting a new video card. I clearly do not want to buy a new video card before the new ones drop still.